• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Oblivion expansions are they worth it???

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Oblivion expansions are they worth it???

HodgePodge;95695 said:
Oblivion doesn't just glitch, it doesn't work. I put it in my CD drive, my comp won't read it, and my CD tray won't open. I have to turn the comp off, open the PC, and take it out manually. I've tried getting a new CD drive, scanning for viruses, everything.
Do you have Vista? might not be "compatiable" with vista..

H

HodgePodge

No, Windows XP.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

^ Try getting a refund and buying Oblivion again

S

soul_rever38

HodgePodge;95695 said:
Oblivion doesn't just glitch, it doesn't work. I put it in my CD drive, my comp won't read it, and my CD tray won't open. I have to turn the comp off, open the PC, and take it out manually. I've tried getting a new CD drive, scanning for viruses, everything.

that problem has happend to my friend it turned out that the CD was formatted correctly so if it is possible you could try to format it through the options. or just go GAME and b**** at them for being rubish and get a new copy which has already been said. but it is strange that the CD Drive wont open up though. there could be a problem with the CD drive.

and as far as the expansions that im gona get for my 360 looks like nights of the nine, shivering isle and theives den if a definate and maybe the vile lair. thanks guys

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

soul_rever38;95709 said:
that problem has happend to my friend it turned out that the CD was formatted correctly so if it is possible you could try to format it through the options. or just go GAME and b**** at them for being rubish and get a new copy which has already been said. but it is strange that the CD Drive wont open up though. there could be a problem with the CD drive.

and as far as the expansions that im gona get for my 360 looks like nights of the nine, shivering isle and theives den if a definate and maybe the vile lair. thanks guys
Be warned about Knights of the Nine armour.. you cannot do ANY evil things otherwise you wont be able to wear it.. but if u do want to do evil things beat the thieves guild questline and
get the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal then put it on and do ur evil stuff in that.. it wont affect your character in any way as you are the gray fox and not your character..

S

soul_rever38

ahhh now that is sneaky, good one +rep i say

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

I love delicous rep ty..

+rep for giving me rep hehe

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Kave;95689 said:
^ Well you COULD just put the gameplay diffuclty to low so u can zip to where you were and such.. but that makes oblivion so not fun :getlost:

But yea i bet installing mods on Oblivion PC must be a pain..

Yeah thats an option but i wouldnt do it as it takes the fun out of the game and sense of acheivement.

Mods on PC are really easy to install, manage and remove actually and ive only used about 3 because they were fun additions but uninstalled them all before i patched again.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;95720 said:
Yeah thats an option but i wouldnt do it as it takes the fun out of the game and sense of acheivement.

Mods on PC are really easy to install, manage and remove actually and ive only used about 3 because they were fun additions but uninstalled them all before i patched again.
Is there a cape mod?

K

Kagazem

The expansions are worth it esp. Shivering Isles(The main quest might be short to you but you can still do many other quests also). I have every expansion for Oblivion cuz it's the best game ever.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Kave;95722 said:
Is there a cape mod?

Not that i have came across but im sure there is somewhere as there are much more complex ones than that around.

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

There is. I can think of what the mod is right now. THere's more than one, though.

Especially considering I have it installed in Oblivion right now >_<"

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
S

soul_rever38

guys is there any way that i could get some mods onto the xbox as it is bascially a pc and if you have VB.Net you can make 360 games. as if you can have capes i MUST have one.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

soul_rever38;96183 said:
guys is there any way that i could get some mods onto the xbox as it is bascially a pc and if you have VB.Net you can make 360 games. as if you can have capes i MUST have one.

As all mods are designed for PC no there isnt as although the Xbox runs a lot of PC applications it is NOT a PC. Although if you have a modded Xbox there could be a way but i wouldnt recommend that as it is illegal and modded Xbox's are being banned from Xbox Live.

S

soul_rever38

ah true, well that sucks

N

Nostro

soul_rever38;96183 said:
You would need to open up your Xbox 360 and add some stuff then hook up your labtop and down some programs on to your Xbox...but this could damage your Xbox so I don't recomend it...

S

soul_rever38

ah fair enough then, cant be doing with that as that may make my warrenty void

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

soul_rever38;96220 said:
ah fair enough then, cant be doing with that as that may make my warrenty void

Yeah any tampering with the Xbox/Xbox 360 will indeed void your warranty.

N

Nostro

Well my friend tried doing it he got lucky and now he can mod up the wazoo!