• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Oblivion expansions are they worth it???

S

soul_rever38

Oblivion expansions are they worth it???

hey guys and gals

i have recently been looking into downloading some of the oblivion expansion packs as i have almost got all of the achievments from the main stuff and want to do some more stuff to do in the game apart from random quests which take 5 mins to do.

so what is your opinions yay or nay??

p.s just to be sad all i need is half the mages guild and 2 theives guild then i have all the achievements:D, though i would mention that :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Oblivion expansions are they worth it???

Depends which ones you mean and your definition of 'Worth It'. Some people have been complaining saying the Shivering Isles was too short for some crazy reason even though its an expansion with an extra 30+ hours of gameplay (longer than most full games). I think some of the small plugins are a waste of time but nice little tweaks and features in them none the less.

H

Hexadecimal

well the only expansion to the game which has Achievements to my knowledge is the Shivering Isles...
I would totally recommend getting it... I enjoy it far more than regular Oblivion even :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;95185 said:
well the only expansion to the game which has Achievements to my knowledge is the Shivering Isles...

Yeah i think that is true as the 'Plug Ins' dont contain any to my knowledge either.

S

soul_rever38

ok then, 30 hours more game play and more acheivments all i can say is SOLD thanks guys and i may try the theives lair as well

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

soul_rever38;95193 said:
ok then, 30 hours more game play and more acheivments all i can say is SOLD thanks guys and i may try the theives lair as well

Yeah i must admit the Thieves Lair does look like one of the better choices for the 'Plug In' packages. Im sure you will enjoy The Shivering Isles as from what Hex has told me it sounds weird and quite fun and just my kind of place :ninja:.

H

Hexadecimal

Dark Drakan;95195 said:
Im sure you will enjoy The Shivering Isles as from what Hex has told me it sounds weird and quite fun and just my kind of place :ninja:.

well, it was just MY kind of place, so I'm sure that makes it your kind of place as well :lol:

it's a whole new area with new creatures and characters, new laws, new plants, new potions, new weapons, just all around cool new stuff...
it's the realm of the madgod... who wouldn't like that?

plus I got a skinless puppy ^_^

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;95200 said:
well, it was just MY kind of place, so I'm sure that makes it your kind of place as well :lol:

Yeah hence the use of the ninja smiley ^_^

Hexadecimal;95200 said:
It's a whole new area with new creatures and characters, new laws, new plants, new potions, new weapons, just all around cool new stuff...
it's the realm of the madgod... who wouldn't like that?

plus I got a skinless puppy ^_^

Yeah all that new stuff and "Realm of Madness", you would have to be sane to not like that :rolleyes: Plus the added bonus of a skinless puppy and crazy NPC's!

Sanity is overrated :D

S

soul_rever38

ok then

is there also more types of armour which go better than glass and the other types or are they still the best?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

soul_rever38;95206 said:
ok then

is there also more types of armour which go better than glass and the other types or are they still the best?

You can now get craftsmen of Crucible and Bliss to forge new armour.

Bethesda Director Bruce Nesmith said:
We have a whole new armor and weapon system for the Shivering Isles. Scattered around the isles are raw materials. You can take these to one of the smiths in the city, and he will make you a custom piece of Amber or Madness armor, or a custom Amber or Madness weapon. You can even find magical molds that can be used by these smiths to make magical versions of the armor or weapons.

H

Hexadecimal

soul_rever38;95206 said:
ok then

the armour in the Isles looks a hell of a lot better than what you pick up in Cyrodil...
especially if you play as a female at all, the dresses in Oblivion are all ghastly, but in the Shivering Isles you can actually pick up armour that looks good and performs cool functions...

Shivering_Armors.jpg
Clothing02.jpg
Clothing01.jpg

third one in from the left on the last one is my character's dress, with the mask of the second one from the left... I'm so awesome ^_^

S

soul_rever38

well tht is cool man.

would give me alot more to do and all but the main question is, is the light armour replacement better then glass armour or is it not better as i am working my a** off to get the stuff and am wondering if i shud continue as i have elven and if i get shimmering isle's i wont need to go mad for glass

that stuff looks cool *thumbs up*

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

soul_rever38;95213 said:
well tht is cool man.

would give me alot more to do and all but the main question is, is the light armour replacement better then glass armour or is it not better as i am working my a** off to get the stuff and am wondering if i shud continue as i have elven and if i get shimmering isle's i wont need to go mad for glass

Well you will be able to have your own custom armour forged in The Shivering Isles and thats got to be better than any basic bog standard glass armour.

S

soul_rever38

ahh but you see once i get my glass armour and my armour skills up(as its not a major skill) i will get it enchanted with some extra things from oblivion gate stones.

to make it more custom for me.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

soul_rever38;95224 said:
ahh but you see once i get my glass armour and my armour skills up(as its not a major skill) i will get it enchanted with some extra things from oblivion gate stones.

to make it more custom for me.

It might be slightly more custom to you in the sense of the word as you might choose some Enchantments you want but you would have more choice from scratch in The Shivering Isles and more customisation options plus choice of enchantments. So essentially everything you could have in Oblivion but much more included which in my eyes would be the much better choice.

S

soul_rever38

that is true plus from what i think you would have more of a felling that you own the armour as you have to obtain the materials and stuff

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

soul_rever38;95238 said:
that is true plus from what i think you would have more of a felling that you own the armour as you have to obtain the materials and stuff

Yeah, you have essentially found all the materials and had it crafted yourself and put own enchantments on it. I dont know how much customisation choice you have in total.

S

soul_rever38

ahh true, so basically it will kinda be like the dragon armour you get at the end of the normal main quest apart from you collect the materials instead of complete the main quest.

and personally i couldnt wait to get my hand on the dragon armour so i was sad enough to sit around and use the waity function 14 times to get the armour faster

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

soul_rever38;95248 said:
ahh true, so basically it will kinda be like the dragon armour you get at the end of the normal main quest apart from you collect the materials instead of complete the main quest.

and personally i couldnt wait to get my hand on the dragon armour so i was sad enough to sit around and use the waity function 14 times to get the armour faster

Im sure you would still get some 'Goodies' for completing the main quest also.

S

soul_rever38

yeh, but if you are off collection stuff to make armour and weapons then wouldnt you like want to use the stuff that you made instead of replace it straight off with something from the main quest