• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Oblivion expansions are they worth it???

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Oblivion expansions are they worth it???

soul_rever38;95261 said:
yeh, but if you are off collection stuff to make armour and weapons then wouldnt you like want to use the stuff that you made instead of replace it straight off with something from the main quest

Depends how good the items you acquire on the main quest are, if i made some cool looking armour but then found something on main quest that was much better id drop my custom armour like a hot potato.

S

soul_rever38

i was just reading about the main quest item on the xbox live website and from what i read all you get is a crown of the god or something along those lines

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

soul_rever38;95271 said:
i was just reading about the main quest item on the xbox live website and from what i read all you get is a crown of the god or something along those lines

I wouldnt mind that, something associated with a god in the realm of madness can only be a good thing. Just hope its an evil item with some nice bonuses.

H

Hexadecimal

soul_rever38;95271 said:

crown of a god? o_O
I don't know where you read that... but it's wrong... sorry... there is no crown...

Dark Drakan;95272 said:
I wouldnt mind that, something associated with a god in the realm of madness can only be a good thing. Just hope its an evil item with some nice bonuses.

and the god of madness is neither good nor evil... he's mad

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;95274 said:
crown of a god? o_O
I don't know where you read that... but it's wrong... sorry... there is no crown...

and the god of madness is neither good nor evil... he's mad

I believe that was his interpretation of this...

Do you have the strength to survive his trials, tame a realm fraught with paranoia and despair, and wear the mantle of a God?

I dont think thats what it meant though. To my knowledge a mantle means things like "Glorious","Worthy", "Powerful", & "Noble".

H

Hexadecimal

Dark Drakan;95276 said:
I believe that was his interpretation of this...

I dont think thats what it meant though. To my knowledge a mantle of a god means things like Glorious","Worthy", "Powerful", & "Noble".

No... Wearing the mantle of a god means

becoming a god, bearing his title...
MAJOR SPOILER
at the end of the main questline in the Shivering Isles, you yourself become the Madgod Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness

S

soul_rever38

all i can say to that is SWEET.

ow do you have to complete the main standard oblivion questline before you start the shivvering isle quest line or can you start whenever you want?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

soul_rever38;95281 said:
all i can say to that is SWEET.

ow do you have to complete the main standard oblivion questline before you start the shivvering isle quest line or can you start whenever you want?

Can start it whenever you want.

H

Hexadecimal

soul_rever38;95281 said:

once you download the Shivering Isles, after one day passes in your game, you will get a message about something funny showing up in Niben Bay...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

If you ask me, a "must-have" for evil guys is Deepscron Hollow, or whatever it is called. Especially nice for Dark Brotherhood members!

But the main benefit is that, unlike the various temples that reward you based on your fame and with high infame they won't even deal with you, your new "home" contains a shrine to... I can't remember, but some evil thingy which works like the altars in the temples.

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

I love the irony of being both Champion Of Cyrodiil

and the Daedric Prince Of Madness

by beating both games. Talk about playing both sides ;-) In a manner of speaking. Sort of.

I haven't gotten Shivering Isles yet, but I will as soon as I can >_<"

H

HodgePodge

Oblivion won't work on my comp. :( I have to play it on an ancient laptop. Instead of bloodstains, there are big, perfectly proportional red squares. You should see the enchantments on weapons. Looks like the person who enchhanted it was high. or drunk. or both.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

I would defintaley say Shivering Isles is well worth it :D you get to choose wich part of the realm you go into: Mania, wich is like Cyrodiil and madness fused and Dementia wich is Dark and Claughsterphobic. it just Kicks ***

As for the other 'Plug ins' I would STRONGLEY suggest getting the THieves Den as you can send your Pirates plundering and in 1 week you make 1k-5k Gold. or more depending on your level. also The Vile Lair is good for infamous Characters such as Dark Brotherhood and Vampire characters. Horse armour is a nice little tweak. you get 2 choices of Armour: Steel and Elven. Mehrunes Dagger expansion is a lenngthly dungeon and at teh end you get Mehrunes Dagons Dagger. It has a chance of a ONE hit kill!! Knights of the Nine.. is also good. you get to become a Holy Crusader (Paladin) with your own Guild of Knights and the armour you get is WAY better than the Imperial Dragon Armour.. Knights of the Nine armor is the one i use. :D so dam good. .and the Sword of the Crusader is even better than Duskfang/Dawnfang Superior from the Shivering Isles :D. The Wizard Tower is a.. Wizard tower with your own portals to the Mages Guilds and Custom Enchanting thingys. plus in your room you have almost EVERY plant you can pick in Cyrodiil.. even in the Plane of Oblivion. there is also a Treasure room.. guarded by your faithful Imps :p. There is also the Orrery wich i havent done but its supposed to be like an Obersavtion Tower thingy. I have all the Packs.. cost me a fortune :lol: :ninja:
Also there is a Spell Tomes Plug in that just puts Randomized Tomes in Chests and such that you can learn spells from. :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

HodgePodge;95599 said:
Oblivion won't work on my comp. :( I have to play it on an ancient laptop. Instead of bloodstains, there are big, perfectly proportional red squares. You should see the enchantments on weapons. Looks like the person who enchhanted it was high. or drunk. or both.

Think thats where the Xbox 360 comes in :p

I have got the PC version to, and although i have a fairly good computer i have had a few issues with Oblivion such as GFX glitches and random bugs.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;95661 said:
Think thats where the Xbox 360 comes in :p

I have got the PC version to, and although i have a fairly good computer i have had a few issues with Oblivion such as GFX glitches and random bugs.
Like the Oblivion Arena not working? and the Multicolored ground.:ninja: I really hate glitches.. my 360 game has it to sometimes it wont Fast Travel me and let me ride my Shadowmere

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Kave;95665 said:
Like the Oblivion Arena not working? and the Multicolored ground.:ninja: I really hate glitches.. my 360 game has it to sometimes it wont Fast Travel me and let me ride my Shadowmere

Yeah just like those :getlost: ive never done the arena thanks to that glitch. I can fix the multicoloured ground with a reinstall without starting again but i would have to start again from the start and delete all saves to fix arena glitch. Also the intro always runs glitchy and jerky but nothing else does :wacko:

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;95672 said:
Yeah just like those :getlost: ive never done the arena thanks to that glitch. I can fix the multicoloured ground with a reinstall without starting again but i would have to start again from the start and delete all saves to fix arena glitch. Also the intro always runs glitchy and jerky but nothing else does :wacko:
You should get the 360 version.. may not be cheats :( but not as much glitches. but be careful with your disc :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Kave;95681 said:
You should get the 360 version.. may not be cheats :( but not as much glitches. but be careful with your disc :D

Yeah ive been thinking about it, mainly for the achievements, less major glitches and i can get updates through Xbox Live. Its just the thought of starting over again after about 70 hours of play on PC version.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

^ Well you COULD just put the gameplay diffuclty to low so u can zip to where you were and such.. but that makes oblivion so not fun :getlost:

But yea i bet installing mods on Oblivion PC must be a pain..

H

HodgePodge

Oblivion doesn't just glitch, it doesn't work. I put it in my CD drive, my comp won't read it, and my CD tray won't open. I have to turn the comp off, open the PC, and take it out manually. I've tried getting a new CD drive, scanning for viruses, everything.