• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Good/Evil

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Good/Evil

Yeah. Even if you're good and you kill someone they'll be afraid. That happens no matter what alignment you are.

I've been pure evil, killed everyone in the town, only to come back later to a bunch of hearts everywhere. I was very confused.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah that's what I mean. If you're good you wouldn't kill someone! (It is clearly evil)

J

Jack-of-blunts

uve forgotten to mention the more materialistic rewards
EVIL:
1.Sword of Aeons and not the wimpy avo's tear
2.Ronok the axe
3.u get to own every town in fable
4.Skorms bow

Good:
1.Big huge great mace reward

and thats prty much all i cna think of for good

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

"Hi, I just dropped in for the good versus evil debate, but I see the debate isn't quite what I thought it would be about."

Philosophy ftw.

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

EVIL, kill what you want who you want when you want
BE UNSTOPPABLE

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Jack-of-blunts;98154 said:
uve forgotten to mention the more materialistic rewards
EVIL:
1.Sword of Aeons and not the wimpy avo's tear
2.Ronok the axe
3.u get to own every town in fable
4.Skorms bow

Good:
1.Big huge great mace reward

and thats prty much all i cna think of for good

You can still get every town in Fable. And even without modding, an evil hero cannot own bowerstone...

To do it you just get a bunch of people to follow you out of the town, then you go back in leaving them outside. Their houses will be for sale.

Avo's tear is not wimpy. It's bigger than the Sword of aeons (slightly) and it has the exact same stats.

You are also recognised as a Legendary Hero.

Oh, and you can see your own face.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I've never been able to make the bowerstone people follow me out of town. Not to mention a majority of the houses In bowerstone south belong to children. :unsure:

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I said that even evil people can't own all of Albion, as Bowerstone is pretty much impossible without mods.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

droded;98425 said:
I said that even evil people can't own all of Albion, as Bowerstone is pretty much impossible without mods.
Then you said this
droded;98297 said:
You can still get every town in Fable. And even without modding, an evil hero cannot own bowerstone...

To do it you just get a bunch of people to follow you out of the town, then you go back in leaving them outside. Their houses will be for sale.

You didn't specify any other town, you said every town so I assumed you were still talking about bowerstone.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Sorry about that misconception.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

It's okay. My brain confuses me sometimes.

T

TheCrimsonKing

If your evil you can steal and kill without really changing your characters alignment. It just makes him eviler. but yah, it sucks having everyone hate you.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

droded;97760 said:
GOOD: More challenging than being evil.
I was thinking that as well but mainly because you are free of constraints. Doing what ever you feel like isn't evil it's chaotic (I think Hex has said as much in a different thread). It just so happens that once you remove the constraint of killing villagers you can go evil fairly quickly. If you were Pure Evil it would be very challenging indeed Imagine try to play the game without killing any unnecessary evil creatures. I say unnecessary because you have to kill some evil creatures for the main quest to progress, which shows you that the game leans toward good by nature.

Anyone up to trying that? Do no good deeds intentionally.

Hexadecimal;97784 said:
... as was also already stated in this thread, people being afraid of you is based on your scariness and also has NOTHING to do with alignment... =]o_O
That's exactly Right and killing villagers doesn't make you scary. Getting Caught does. I've killed most of Oakvale by getting one person at a time to follow me to a secluded area and quickly drawing my sword striking and re-sheathing. No one cared unless I got caught. So watch that eye in the corner of the screen.

D

DarkwoodScourge

I don't know why but my newest character is completely evil, wears dark plate, has scary hair and tatoos, but practically every woman in town (and some of the men I have yet to kill) are in love with me. I don't even interact with them, but I got married in every town without even trying.

But, as for good vs. evil, evil all the way, way more profitable and loads more fun.

T

TheCrimsonKing

yup yup yup. evil is the best. Fun stuff like sniping villagers with bows cant be achieved if you want to be good. maybe if you where already evil you might try out being good, but even then . . . .

R

Rhadiel

hmmmm hopefully in fable 2....they will have good and evil alternatives for each quest, like the orchard farm one.....if the game is supposed to be u choosing wat to do...then u should be able to choose wat core quest to do.....:ninja:

Halfsight

i'm an expert in a noob
Reaction score

i still can't decide which is better. i look and to get strong items and spells you have to be pretty evil. and having blonde and a halo is kinda gay.... evil has to be bald and no one likes you. you also are hated by all the women..:kiss:
i hate getting booed all the time:(

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Halfsight;103799 said:
i still can't decide which is better. i look and to get strong items and spells you have to be pretty evil. and having blonde and a halo is kinda gay.... evil has to be bald and no one likes you. you also are hated by all the women..:kiss:
i hate getting booed all the time:(

Well if You're attractive enough they won't boo you. I've been pure evil and walked into a town of hearts. o_O

Halfsight

i'm an expert in a noob
Reaction score

first try to be good. if you dont' like it you will be able to turn evil pretty quickly.

J

Jamessince

Ouch that would suck, then just massacre some more villages mabye then they might like you ^__^