• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Good/Evil

A

ArenaLegend

Good/Evil

I would like to know what do you think are the benefits of being good or the benifits of being evil in the game...Basicall the pros and cons of being good or evil.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Good/Evil

Mmm Evil...I only become evil because I like taking screenshots of the pretty horns, eyes and characters. :lol: I'm a loony toon.

But I guess. I like being evil because people fear me..Ooh..the fear..Everyone screams and runs away. It makes me laugh. :lol: :devil:

As for being good. I like it because the butterflies and everything just look so pretty. ^_^ I like pretty things. :lol:

And the love. it's a nice change of pace sometimes, when you're evil hardly anyone loves you, but when your good, you just see so many hearts all over the place when you visit a town. :lol: SO MUCH LOOOVE

:lol:

A

ArenaLegend

But are there any other benefits rather than just personal ones.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

How do you mean? o_O
What I said was just my opinion, I'm sure other people have other things to say.

H

Hexadecimal

ArenaLegend;95088 said:
But are there any other benefits rather than just personal ones.

... I'm not really sure what you mean either... o_O
did you mean like benefits that you get in terms of gameplay? cause other than a demonic or good appearance and having people fear you or cheer you on there really aren't any...
there's a few spells which to max out you have to have an evil or good alignment, like divine fury/infernal wrath and the like... but for the most part the only benefits are purely aesthetic and are really just a matter of preference...

M

madmagemc

Can't speak to being evil, as I just can't ever seem to make myself play out the game that way, but the benefits of being good are pretty sweet...

1. It's much easier to get the ladies when you're good. And let's face it, we all like getting the ladies. :wub: Well, unless you ARE a lady, in which case, it may not be such a big deal... but I digress...
2. It's easier to talk to / do business with traders when they're not so busy running away from your evil ***.
3. It's cool to have the townsfolk cheer you when you enter town instead of complaining about all the vile stuff you've done.
4. Bright armor looks cooler (it's all shiny and stuff)
5. You don't have to keep eating all those crunchy chicks to stay evil after doing good deeds like wiping all the bandit scum from the earth.
6. Same goes for slaughtering the undead, too...

I'm sure there are others, but that should get you started. ;)

Oh, and I forgot... the more good you are, the more likely your wives are to give you stuff. Big bonus there, as I occasionally received items I couldn't afford (such as obsidian weapons or bright armor items - chain, plate, etc) earlier on in the game, so w00t to being good. Yeah. :D

H

Hexadecimal

madmagemc;95093 said:
Can't speak to being evil, as I just can't ever seem to make myself play out the game that way, but the benefits of being good are pretty sweet...

1. It's much easier to get the ladies when you're good. And let's face it, we all like getting the ladies. :wub: Well, unless you ARE a lady, in which case, it may not be such a big deal... but I digress...
2. It's easier to talk to / do business with traders when they're not so busy running away from your evil ***.
3. It's cool to have the townsfolk cheer you when you enter town instead of complaining about all the vile stuff you've done.
4. Bright armor looks cooler (it's all shiny and stuff)
5. You don't have to keep eating all those crunchy chicks to stay evil after doing good deeds like wiping all the bandit scum from the earth.
6. Same goes for slaughtering the undead, too...

I'm sure there are others, but that should get you started. ;)
well.. I can speak for evil :lol::devil:
1. getting ladies is dependent on how attractive you are, and has nothing to do with alignment
2. traders don't run away if you're evil they just cower, they'll still do business with you
3. when you're evil the bandits cheer you instead
4. Bright armour does not look cooler... it looks shiny from lack of wear and tear, like you're putting on airs to impress the aforementioned townsfolk...
5. You don't ever have to eat crunchy chicks to stay evil, just kill the townsfolk along with the bandits and everything is even-steven
6. same goes for the undead too ;)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I never really got evil points for killing undead. Only renown. I'm talking about the undead during the bargate quest. *nod*

As for traders running away from you. Some of them do that for me. They'll run straight into a cave, or away and I can't catch them. But I think that's only if you're scariness is really high, so hex is right about it not having to do with evil..*ponder*

H

Hexadecimal

Sephiroxas;95098 said:
I never really got evil points for killing undead. Only renown. I'm talking about the undead during the bargate quest. *nod*

As for traders running away from you. Some of them do that for me. They'll run straight into a cave, or away and I can't catch them. But I think that's only if you're scariness is really high, so hex is right about it not having to do with evil..*ponder*

yeah, people actually freaking out and running off into the woods is based on scariness... they'll do the same thing if you're pure good but put on all scary clothes and hairstyles and tattoos and stuff...
the people of Albion are ultra shallow... they don't care what you do, just what you look like ;)

M

madmagemc

Ah, well there you go. I guess I was just giving the game too much credit where all that was concerned. I answered based on what I'd seen them do for me the few times I forayed in the evil realms (we all need to go on random killing sprees every so often...:ninja:) I do think it's funny, though, that I sacked the merc from Twinblade's camp for 1000 evil points and walked out with not only Skorm's Bow but my halo still firmly intact. Odd, that... Made me wonder just how high my good points really were.

And Hex, you'll notice I did qualify my 'looks cooler' comment with 'all shiny', yeah? I was speaking with tongue firmly in cheek. Poor attempt at humor, I suppose. :)

Thanks for clearing that up...

A

Arbiter2010

Well playing an evil profile is really, really fun, but inconvient at times

R

Rhadiel

hmmmm i like being evil...but i can never get myself to kill all those inocent heroes....if they are scumbags......i think ill go try to be full evil now *turns on fable*

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Just be yourself. It is a good test of what you would do in a real life situation.

Put yourself in the heroes shoes.

However you asked for the benefits of each side.

EVIL: You can pretty much do whatever you want. It is alot easier than being good, but you get none of the ladies.

GOOD: More challenging than being evil. You get better rewards in boasts too. You will be the biggest sex bomb in Albion too;).

Just do what you like, it doesn't really matter if you mod your game as you are pretty much god.

H

Hexadecimal

droded;97760 said:
EVIL: You can pretty much do whatever you want. It is alot easier than being good, but you get none of the ladies.

well, as was said earlier, getting ladies has nothing to do with alignment... it's based on attractiveness... you can get just as many ladies whether evil or good... =]

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

But if you are evil and you massacre a whole village word will spread and everyone will be afraid of you. That means no ladies will talk to you.

R

Rhadiel

droded;97767 said:
But if you are evil and you massacre a whole village word will spread and everyone will be afraid of you. That means no ladies will talk to you.

yyes, but the whores dont care...

H

Hexadecimal

droded;97767 said:

... as was also already stated in this thread, people being afraid of you is based on your scariness and also has NOTHING to do with alignment... =]o_O

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Oh really? Go change your Scariness to -100 and kill a person infront of another person. The person will be scared naturally.

I am fully good and have 100 scariness, yet no one is afraid of me.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Dunno. I've been really evil before, and all the ladies loved me. I'm pretty sure it's attractiveness.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

People being scared of you is because you've killed someone. To be evil you kill people to get evil points right? When you kill them everyone will become afraid of you.

And yes Attractiveness does make the ladies love you. But seriously if you have 100 Attractiveness and kill someone they will be scared of you.