• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why must we have horns as an evil character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FiendFyre

Re: Why must we have horns as an evil character?

necromancer11;327553 said:
well, if all you want is the achievements, why not just go back to neutral after getting 100% good and pure if you don't want the halo?:)

But I like being good too :angel:
However, despite the fact I killed my husband, my good alignment didn't change at all, so I'm guessing you have to do quite a bit of killing to get it down.
I may do that, I just want to look normal XD
Not grey and scaly, like I said before...
My eyes went from red to green for some reason.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

because they look so good!;)

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score

i mean when you are evil, but change your way you should get like hellboy stubs. that would be awesome

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Tsuyu;327261 said:
To be honest, I've never really like the "demon" aspect of Fable. Sure, sometimes you want your character to be Satan reincarnate but sometimes you just wish him to be something like an evil assassin or warlock; not a demon!

No other "super evil" character in any of the Fable games have ever had horns. Jack of Blades didn't, nor did Twinblade and they were about as evil as they come, right?

Warlock? Are you referring to the warlock class in World of Warcraft? Because they actually had a gear set that had horns and they have a demon form that also has horn.

Jack of Blades wasn't human and Twinblade wasn't necessarily that evil. He wasn't the one who orchestrated the attack on Oakvale but he did take Theresa in and kept her safe.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

This is an old thread. Don't post here. Check the date next time.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Necromancer11;418553 said:
This is an old thread. Don't post here. Check the date next time.

It was up at the top so I didn't feel it was necessary.

By the way, before posting, you may want to stop and realize how hypocritical it is not only to do what I'm doing (i.e. posting in an old thread) but chastising me which is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

You expect someone who has slaughtered thousands of Albion citizens to be something like a demon (folklore) Therefore, you have horns, you are a demon, devil something corrupt which walks within the lands of Albion.

Of course, the counterpart is the halo and the various annoying, ugly butterflies that keep spinning around you. (I wonder how the hero can still fight with those things spinning around their face)

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418572 said:
It was up at the top so I didn't feel it was necessary.

Do it anyway. Just like in this instance, someone could necropost before you.

GrimWhim;418572 said:
By the way, before posting, you may want to stop and realize how hypocritical it is not only to do what I'm doing (i.e. posting in an old thread) but chastising me which is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Posting in the same thread as the necroposter(s) to tell him/her/them to stop is a normal thing. If they're posting in the thread, they'll obviously check it again when they see it has more replies, so that's where they will undoubtedly see someone telling them not to do it. It's something even a staff member would do.

And it's not supposed to have anything to do with the topic. It would be much more hypocritical of me to tell someone to let the thread and conversation die and then say something on the topic directly afterward, thereby continuing it.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Necromancer11;418589 said:
Do it anyway. Just like in this instance, someone could necropost before you.

Posting in the same thread as the necroposter(s) to tell him/her/them to stop is a normal thing. If they're posting in the thread, they'll obviously check it again when they see it has more replies, so that's where they will undoubtedly see someone telling them not to do it. It's something even a staff member would do.

And it's not supposed to have anything to do with the topic. It would be much more hypocritical of me to tell someone to let the thread and conversation die and then say something on the topic directly afterward, thereby continuing it.

All I'm hearing is you making excuses to try and justify your actions while simultaneously scolding me despite the fact that you're still doing the same thing. You are not a moderator, an administrator or anything of the sort so you really have no business posting this anyways. You should learn your place and stop acting like you own the forums.

pkreniles

Reaction score

ya i dont like the horns they dont look good

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

Because Horns show your true self. It's like 'Karmic Nivea' as they said in an issue of OXM.

If you don't look Evil when you are, everyone would be going Evil. Evil gets the more appealing choices. Temptation would be a keyword here. There has to be a downside to it, or Good & Pure would be pointless.

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score

Tsuyu;327261 said:
To be honest, I've never really like the "demon" aspect of Fable. Sure, sometimes you want your character to be Satan reincarnate but sometimes you just wish him to be something like an evil assassin or warlock; not a demon!

No other "super evil" character in any of the Fable games have ever had horns. Jack of Blades didn't, nor did Twinblade and they were about as evil as they come, right?

Yeah but Jack had the mask, which took the place of horns. He also had that strange voice.

Twinblade wasn't super-evil. He raised Theresa as his own daughter.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418667 said:
All I'm hearing is you making excuses to try and justify your actions while simultaneously scolding me despite the fact that you're still doing the same thing. You are not a moderator, an administrator or anything of the sort so you really have no business posting this anyways. You should learn your place and stop acting like you own the forums.

Learn my place? I think you're the one here that needs to learn his place. You obviously don't get how things work around here. Posting after a necroposter is what anyone would do to tell them to stop whether they're a staff member or not. If you would still like to call me a hypocrite for posting here to tell you not to, then you're calling Arseface, Mjmarin12, Stranger, James Butts, Archon'sRage, Firis, FableFreak, and Gikoku Harakami hypocrites too. And you don't have to be a staff member to tell people not to necropost. In fact, there is even more action taken by regular members than by staff members to stop necroposting. The staff does not oppose regular members trying to enforce rules or regulations as long as they aren't doing anything wrong. They can't do it all on their own after all.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Necromancer11;419087 said:
Learn my place? I think you're the one here that needs to learn his place. You obviously don't get how things work around here. Posting after a necroposter is what anyone would do to tell them to stop whether they're a staff member or not. If you would still like to call me a hypocrite for posting here to tell you not to, then you're calling Arseface, Mjmarin12, Stranger, James Butts, Archon'sRage, Firis, FableFreak, and Gikoku Harakami hypocrites too. And you don't have to be a staff member to tell people not to necropost. In fact, there is even more action taken by regular members than by staff members to stop necroposting. The staff does not oppose regular members trying to enforce rules or regulations as long as they aren't doing anything wrong. They can't do it all on their own after all.

This line represents how much I care. ~> -

Yes, that's right, just enough to post this message.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

GrimWhim;419119 said:
This line represents how much I care. ~> -

Yes, that's right, just enough to post this message.

You could at least be mature enough to admit that you were wrong rather than playing it off like you don't care when you very clearly do.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score

Like the majority, when I picture 'Evil', I picture a horned being.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Necromancer11;419150 said:
You could at least be mature enough to admit that you were wrong rather than playing it off like you don't care when you very clearly do.

See, if I admitted I was wrong, I'd be lying. I must admit though, I'm very appreciative of how you managed to single me out despite all the others who continuously post in this thread.

You know, if you want my advice, I would suggest that you pull that stick out of your ass and perhaps learn to be a little less angry when someone posts in an old thread.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

GrimWhim;419173 said:
See, if I admitted I was wrong, I'd be lying.

Then leave if you don't like the way we do things here.

GrimWhim;419173 said:
I must admit though, I'm very appreciative of how you managed to single me out despite all the others who continuously post in this thread.

You singled yourself out by attacking me and calling me a hypocrite. None of them should be posting here either.

GrimWhim;419173 said:
You know, if you want my advice, I would suggest that you pull that stick out of your ass and perhaps learn to be a little less angry when someone posts in an old thread.

It would **** you off too if you've been here long enough to see how much of it there is.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Necromancer11;419212 said:
Then leave if you don't like the way we do things here.

No thank, I'm happy where I'm at. Your delusional behavior is quite humorous though.

You singled yourself out by attacking me and calling me a hypocrite. None of them should be posting here either.

Actually, you should go back and realize you were the first one to start this mess. Your hypocrisy still stands. Oh and you shouldn't be posting either. Your insistence on heckling me is as bad as the necro-posting. You should have said what you needed to say and then left rather than contribute to said necro-posting.

It would **** you off too if you've been here long enough to see how much of it there is.

That's just it, I don't get my panties in a knot because someone brings up an old topic. There's nothing wrong with renewing a conversation that happened a while ago. Much better than creating a second thread about the same subject, eh?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

GrimWhim;419215 said:
Actually, you should go back and realize you were the first one to start this mess.

No, I just told everyone here not to post in old threads just like I, and many others on this forum, always do. You were the one to attack me and call me a hypocrite.

GrimWhim;419215 said:
Your hypocrisy still stands. Oh and you shouldn't be posting either.

You should familiarize yourself with forums in general and realize that this is what is always done in efforts to stop necroposting, and that you're still calling many others on this forum hypocrites.

GrimWhim;419215 said:
You should have said what you needed to say and then left rather than contribute to said necro-posting.

I don't just leave when I get a reply like that.

GrimWhim;419215 said:
That's just it, I don't get my panties in a knot because someone brings up an old topic. There's nothing wrong with renewing a conversation that happened a while ago. Much better than creating a second thread about the same subject, eh?

No, a second thread is preferable. This one has served its purpose already.

Status
Not open for further replies.