• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why is the Mini-Map Gone?

J

Jiin

Re: Why is the Mini-Map Gone?

all RPG's are about the story, but fable 2 was quite disappointing with its story line. as pm said the story was sposed to be an unforgettable experience...

unfortunately it was so lame that i had forgot what the story was about, while playing the story line quests

Twilight

Reaction score

Jiin;267822 said:
all RPG's are about the story, but fable 2 was quite disappointing with its story line. as pm said the story was sposed to be an unforgettable experience...

unfortunately it was so lame that i had forgot what the story was about, while playing the story line quests

Story lines are a matter of opinion not fact.

N

Ninja

Considering that this game is pretty realistic my guess is that they took the map out because well, When walking around in a mall you're not going to have a little map floating there beside you showing you where to go...i also turned my glowing trail off. Makes the game more fun and exciting when you find things all on your own

J

Jiin

i suppose...

but generally RPG's get their fame from story lines, like final fantasy series, lost odyssey, pretty much any RPG is known for how well the story line is

people who dont follow story lines play MMORPG's like word of warcraft and such where story is of no importance

J

Jiin

you may not have a floating mini map beside you while in a mall, but they do have maps set up within the store.

but the last time i went to the mall i dont recall a golden nugget trail on the ground leading me to gamestop?

Twilight

Reaction score

Jiin;267834 said:
i suppose...

but generally RPG's get their fame from story lines, like final fantasy series, lost odyssey, pretty much any RPG is known for how well the story line is

people who dont follow story lines play MMORPG's like word of warcraft and such where story is of no importance

Oblivion and Fallout are both RPGs with not the strongest story lines but are still some of the greatest games out there.

RPG's get there fame the same as any other game.

N

Ninja

Jiin;267836 said:

but the last time i went to the mall i dont recall a golden nugget trail on the ground leading me to gamestop?
my reason for turning my glowing trail off =)

J

Jiin

i thought they had some pretty damn good story lines, especially fallout.

if not for the story lines, what do you look for in an RPG?

Zamurick

I bet $5 you'll read this
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;267768 said:
They wanted to strip the HUD totally down for a sleeker and more realistic looking feel to the game.
He must have forgotten that this series is far from realistic when he came up with that. What a shame.

xtimmyx50;267771 said:
trust me, by the time you've done all that you said, there isnt really anything else cool to find. its sad, i know.

i wanted more clothes. :'(
Well that sucks. It's even a bit more disappointing considering how little Knothole Island had to offer. "/