• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why is the Mini-Map Gone?

Zamurick

I bet $5 you'll read this
Reaction score
Why is the Mini-Map Gone?

I didn't think about asking this until now, but the first thing I noticed when I started Fable II was the lack of a map in the top right of the screen.

Why is this? Without a mini-map I have a harder time finding traders, enemies, demon doors and quest areas (sometimes the trail just decides to disappear for a few minutes).

Twilight

Reaction score
Re: Why is the Mini-Map Gone?

They got rid of it for the Bread crumb trail.

Zamurick

Reaction score

That's far from a reasonable explanation. A glowing trail can't show you where every trader, villager, spouse, enemy, demon door or region exit is.

X

xtimmyx50

whats the fun of having a map if you cant find stuff on your own?:rolleyes:

Zamurick

Reaction score

Because I don't want to spend an hour or more looking for a specific trader in Rookridge.

Twilight

Reaction score

Zamurick;267749 said:
Because I don't want to spend an hour or more looking for a specific trader in Rookridge.

Well suck it the **** up.

Magic maps don't exist anymore. Trail is much better.

Zamurick

Reaction score

I'm trying to have a discussion, not a flame war.

Twilight

Reaction score

Me too

Zamurick

Reaction score

You sure? You seem to be trying to **** me off instead.

You're doing a great job so far.

Twilight

Reaction score

Thanks, thanks.

X

xtimmyx50

Zamurick;267749 said:
tbh i like having to find stuff on my own. it feels like the games way to short, so having any reason to spend an extra 2hrs or so on the game seems like a fair reason to me.
but hey, everyones different. and if it helps a little, there is a mini map once you pause the game. not much, but hey. i cant complain. :)

Zamurick

Reaction score

Well, the thing is, I've done everything I can think of doing in the game. I've shot all the gargoyles, found all the silver keys, gotten all of the legendary weapons, all of the achievements, opened all the demon doors, and all that.

About the only thing left to do is an Albion marathon. >_>

Or look for cool items, which is hard to do when I can't find traders.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

They wanted to strip the HUD totally down for a sleeker and more realistic looking feel to the game.

X

xtimmyx50

trust me, by the time you've done all that you said, there isnt really anything else cool to find. its sad, i know.

i wanted more clothes. :'(

J

Jiin

PM said when he first talked about all the new features, that he got rid of the mini map and hud displays for a less cluttered and clean interface. it was sposed to go along with his so-called "freedom" theme of gameplay

fable freak 37

Halo 3 Addict
Reaction score

they also got rid of the mini-map cus it made fable 1 too short so they took it out and swapped it for the golden trail and your dog.i think the dog and golden trail is much better than the mini-map.but that's how i see it.

Black Phoenix

Amatuer Buddhist (:
Reaction score

people seem to complain about the fact the main game is too short, now you can spend longer looking for stuff =D

fable freak 37

Halo 3 Addict
Reaction score

yeah there's nothin better in fable 2 than spending ages killing bosses or finding items,keys,gargoyles and chests.and besides isn't that wat fable's about?

J

Jiin

personally i hate the golden nuggets, and it takes away that whole sense of 'freedom' when i have these nuggets that point me in the direction i need to go for every quest and every little thing i do. the only things that doesnt use the trail is chests, dig spots, keys, and gargoyles.

the mini map much better, it lets u get use to the land more and allows you to find your own paths to your objectives.

the key to freedom is having a mini map, or nothing at all.

the golden nuggets show you the trail to take all the way to your objective.

the mini map will display where your objective is. how you will get there is of your choosing!

therefore mini map FTW. golden nuggets i use to wipe my a*s with

also from what i remember there is truly only one boss in the entire game and thats the comendant. all the others that seem to be bosses, just have more health. the next opponent that i would consider to be a threat are those magicians with the pirate hats that you encounter at brightwood tower when defending garth at the cullis gate. other than those enemies there are no challenging fights.

Twilight

Reaction score

fable freak 37;267790 said:
yeah there's nothin better in fable 2 than spending ages killing bosses or finding items,keys,gargoyles and chests.and besides isn't that wat fable's about?

Fable is not about searching for Keys and statues.