• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[Xbox Live] New pricing starting November 1st 2010

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score
Re: [Xbox Live] New pricing starting November 1st 2010

Better get stocking up on 12 month passes now...

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Meh. I buy 12 months from independent stores. They sell them a lot cheaper.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;422729 said:
Meh. I buy 12 months from independent stores. They sell them a lot cheaper.

...They sell them for the same price, actually. lol

Citizen Erased

Sound Awake
Reaction score

I bought my 12 month off Amazon a couple months back and was able to get it a couple bucks cheaper. It's only $10 more when it goes into play.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Tyloric;422748 said:
...They sell them for the same price, actually. lol

If they're "independent" they're going to be different in every city... Plus I live thousands of miles away from you so keep your cockyness to yourself.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Eh, I don't really care. I'm pretty sure a glitch occurred the last time I renewed my gold subscription anyway. I bought it in June after my free month was over. All I did was buy one more month, and I still have gold.

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score

In a way its a kick in the balls. An additional 10$ for 12m aint a bunch and I will continue to pay for xbox live after this however its still a **** move by MS. I mean seriously. I mean they arnt even adding any extra programs for this extra 10 bucks they are just jacking up the prices to increase their revenue. They could do something, like maybe lower prices on the market place or something I mean seriously. ****ing homos.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

No good, dirty f***ing MONEY WHORES!!!!!

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Wow. We're in a recession and these assholes are jacking up the prices for **** most real gamers don't even use? **** you Microsoft.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

i'd like to think that microsoft realized what an epic fail kinect will be, and is bracing themselves for the severe profit loss.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;423081 said:
i'd like to think that microsoft realized what an epic fail kinect will be, and is bracing themselves for the severe profit loss.

Microsoft. The same company that has several operating systems each of which are more used than any other? The same company that has a console that has garnered more ignorant fanboys than the others? The same company that already charges to pay-to-play online?

Profit loss my ass.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

GrimWhim;423082 said:
Microsoft. The same company that has several operating systems each of which are more used than any other? The same company that has a console that has garnered more ignorant fanboys than the others? The same company that already charges to pay-to-play online?

Profit loss my ass.

no company wants to have any loss. a companies goal is only to expand. you're right, of course they're soulless money grubbers. but if they made moves like this with xbox live carelessly they wouldn't be top dog in the business anymore.
fewer people would subscribe, so game designing companies would seek out where they went. microsoft isn't as invincible as they are made out to be. they are still a company like any other.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;423095 said:
no company wants to have any loss. a companies goal is only to expand. you're right, of course they're soulless money grubbers. but if they made moves like this with xbox live carelessly they wouldn't be top dog in the business anymore.
fewer people would subscribe, so game designing companies would seek out where they went. microsoft isn't as invincible as they are made out to be. they are still a company like any other.

If you go to that page you'll find that numerous members have already said they're going to cancel their subscriptions or just let them run out and not renew them. Sure seems like a profit loss to me.

I'm no Sony fanboy but this is exactly why I prefer it over the Xbox 360. Plus, it seems that all their controllers already come with the wireless function so you don't have to pay extra for one.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's what I was told.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

GrimWhim;423096 said:
If you go to that page you'll find that numerous members have already said they're going to cancel their subscriptions or just let them run out and not renew them. Sure seems like a profit loss to me.

I'm no Sony fanboy but this is exactly why I prefer it over the Xbox 360. Plus, it seems that all their controllers already come with the wireless function so you don't have to pay extra for one.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's what I was told.

yes, obviously people are ****ed. but the people who aren't completely raging really wouldn't bother to comment, now, would they? and for some people, unsubscribing from live is harder than just a declaration. have you ever tried removing a credit card from the account? it was impossible for a long time. now it's difficult just to make them stop autocharging you when your live expires. you can't do it online, you have to call the hotline, then wait for them to do it at their own leisure.
rest assured, there are still the majority of gamers who will continue to play the games they love online and pay for them. there are players who are enraged now but will go out and buy it again at a later time when they miss it enough. over all, i'd bet my bottom dollar that this equals profit for microsoft in the long run. even if they lose some of their customer base initially.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

Thats why I do my subscription in pre paid cards.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I'd probably be raging right now as well, but I haven't had Gold in 3 years. I agree with Cheez, a lot of people are raging over the net right now about how they're not subscribing anymore to XBL Gold, but I too bet my bottom dollar that most of those people will give in and continue paying for the service.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

I can't say anything about the idiots who give in but I know now that I certainly won't be paying for it. I was hoping to play Fable III online with some peeps but that's definitely out the window now.

Hm... I do have two free 48 hour Xbox Live Gold trials so I guess I could use those. 96 hours of co-op gaming is better than zero hours (not that I'd actually be playing the full 96 hours).

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

If people dont want to pay for the extra then why dont they just not pay for it? If everyone who said they wouldnt pay for Live actually went ahead and did it then Microsoft would have no choice but to lower prices. Besides most people who moan about price of Xbox Live are people who dont bat an eyelid at paying the extra for DLC that only adds a couple of achievements or 2 hours of playtime. I dont think an extra couple of £'s a year is going to make me have to give up my car, home, or eating. :lol:

Eventually nearly every online format will have to be paid for as the cost of running such servers and maintenance on such a scale costs quite a bit of money to keep going. Even PSN started to introduce a Premium Service 'Plus' so they can cover some of their costs and some PC games have to have monthly charges for their online to cover costs. Most are covered by deals with Internet Providers who you pay monthly anyway so are sort of a 'hidden' cost.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

Meh, its not much for me, I only get a year one anyway, and at christmas anywho, so it wont affect me.

Use other people's money for your own year of playing online is what works best. Plus you feel warm and fuzzy when you think about it.