• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wife is freaking out on me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob004

Wife is freaking out on me...

Warning: might be a little spoiler here.

So i get back from the spire after 10 years and head home to homestead(the demon door).

there alex is waiting for me with my kid.But when i entered my house,she starts crying about why i leave so soon and all that,and about how i can be so cruel(while i'm 100% good)

Anyone know what i should have done?

M

Minorthreat

Re: Wife is freaking out on me...

Well you have been gone for 10 years. Have you changed your clothes? The spire guard outfit can freak people out who are used to seeing you in nicer clothes. Sometimes there might be nothing you did wrong at all. There are a variety of bugs related to spouses in general.

*edit* Sometimes if you walk away from then when they are saying something, they will make some comment about you leaving.

F

fable2rules123

Happens to everyone. She justs loves u so much. I have gone through 50 wives

R

Rob004

Yea,changed my clothes back to my old attractive self.
Did'nt change my hair because i had to go to bowerstone for that.

Really sucked having to leave my wife like that.

Think Lionhead is working on the fixes?cus my kid is starting to bug up,not moving,not responding to expressions...

M

Minorthreat

Kids can bug out real easy. I learned the hard way that they will not follow you to other zones. I guess they didn't want you exploiting the no killing children rule by taking them to the temple of shadows =). Anyway, after trying to take my kid to his favorite place, I realized he never followed me. I returned home and he just stood in one spot for days. I figured he was bugged for good. Yet when I played again a few days later he was back to normal.

One can hope there are bug fixes coming in DLC, but I think they will most likely concentrate on new content over fixing old.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

I got the same too, but I thought it started becuase I lived in a ahouse without a child's bed, so he just stood outside all night. Once I moved them to Bowerstone he moved little by little and acted normal, I could see him around the town hear and there. But kids can't normally follow you anyway, so don't think that's a glitch with just your kid. When you get your spouse and move, he'll follow suit after a little time has passed.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Did you go and max out her feelings for you before you left for the spire?
Ten years would freak anyone out. I would just work on rebuilding the relationship. That will ease her worries and calm her down

I

Invertigo01

Mine freaked out when I first got back. She was actually following me up the stairs to go have the sex, but I apparently got too far ahead of her. I thought it was kind of funny, but now she threatens to leave me every time I come back into town. For some reason I can actually stop this one from leaving, all the others just ignore me and leave the region.

J

Jedimindtrixxx

lol my brother when he got back (i didnt have a kid b4 spire), his wife was like "OOOH YOUR BACK I LOVE YOU SO MUCH" and "LOOK I HAVE SOME1 HERE FOR YOU TO MEET" and his kid was standing behind her.

A

Ashley

Apparently the wife are bugged also talking about your kid not respodning to expression maybe because you live in the demon door.

When I married Lady Grey she stopped responding also. I'm still trying to figure out if she is bugged or if it was because I moved her into Brightwood Tower which a bugged place to live.

R

Rob004

I yust find it a pity that there are so many bugs in the game and i havent heard anything about plans to fix em.

I mean,the homestead was designed to live with your spouse right?so why is that one of all places bugged?

M

Minorthreat

It seems to be most of the unique places that are bugged, the homestead, the castle, brightwood tower, the graveyard mansion etc.

XCRmonger

Reaction score

If you don't say goodbye, your spouse will hate you forever.

diabolical

Reaction score

my wife wont go to bed i tryed everythin max out everythin and told here to follow didnt work tried new exprssions didnt work

and when it comes to bugs try swimming in mid air yeah its mad although some bugs can be helpful like i know 1 that gets u rich (pm me if u want me 2 tell u then again u can class as cheat whatever but it works wel) anyways coming back to my wife it says she wants sex but she doenst want it any1 help??

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;238507 said:
Did you go and max out her feelings for you before you left for the spire?
Ten years would freak anyone out. I would just work on rebuilding the relationship. That will ease her worries and calm her down

My Aristicratic husband wanted to know what the spire did to me to so change. I had to really work on that after wards.:D

J

Jedimindtrixxx

Minorthreat;238862 said:
It seems to be most of the unique places that are bugged, the homestead, the castle, brightwood tower, the graveyard mansion etc.
rly? ive got wives in each of those places and none are bugged

nstalaat

Never Knows Best
Reaction score

same i have been fortunate to only experience one glitch in all 3 of my characters

when i was a kiddelivering that love letter the mom was invis o_O

thugziee

gangsterishh
Reaction score

this happened to me, its because the game is designed that way because you have to got see hammer.

nstalaat

Never Knows Best
Reaction score

huh....

R

Rob004

Um...say goodbye?What do you mean by that?

I yust maxed out the love and then i left.

Status
Not open for further replies.