• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[UPDATE] Skyrim: Patch 1.3, Creation Kit Release Date, Etc

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
argonian.png

Heeding the call of those unfortunate to have downloaded the 1.2 patch of Skyrim, Bethesda has assured gamers that they will be releasing an incremental patch update next week. PC will be hit with the patch first, with PS3 & 360 getting their fix later on in that week. The patch will fix the backwards flying dragons, all resistances being broken, and more.
While on the topic of patches, Bethesda has announced that their current bug fixing focus is that of "code" fixes (performance, items, etc). Whereas "data" fixes such as quests will not be attended to until January, so if you're still having broken quest & NPC dialogue issues then you'll have to tough it out until January arrives.
The Creation Kit has finally been given a release date, but one that not many are too pleased with. The software will be downloadable sometime in January and it will have integrated Steam Workshop support forced into it, with the latter being sorely frowned upon by the Nexus modding community (and for plenty of good reasons, so you can't really blame them). Hopefully the CK was not delayed solely for the Steam integration and instead for bug fixing and tweaking. Bethesda will also be releasing a Wiki and video tutorials for the CK to aid those both new and experienced in modding for the newly designed kit.
Source,

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
They must be working their asses off to get all these updates and such out. Bravo for all the hard work and hopefully they get most the issues ironed out soon. They have also said that they will be releasing many updates in the future as well as ongoing support for patches.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
A patch to fix the mess their latest patch caused, whilst delaying crucial fixes such as broken quests until next year...

I'm sorry, but it doesn't exactly reek of competence. I expected more from Bethesda.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I agree, I don't know how Bethesda figured this was a smart strategy. People aren't as tolerant as Bethesda seems to clearly believe.

They must be working their asses off to get all these updates and such out. Bravo for all the hard work and hopefully they get most the issues ironed out soon. They have also said that they will be releasing many updates in the future as well as ongoing support for patches.

Yeah, but their announcement of Steam integration for the CK and 2 month delay has the modding community in a bit of an uproar both at Nexus and the official boards. Though to tell the truth it's clear that a lot of it may be a misunderstanding and the Steam Workshop might not be as invasive, restrictive, and control hungry as most are fearing.

Some people have been taking the issues much more seriously than others, whether trolling or just plain stupidity.. it's gotten a bit ridiculous. Like this goof for example from the official Bethesda forums before the thread was deleted:

Hopefully Bethesda can clear this up between now and January, perhaps working for Steam to be entirely optional/minimal (wishful thinking) before **** begins to seriously hit the fan for them.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I agree, I don't know how Bethesda figured this was a smart strategy. People aren't as tolerant as Bethesda seems to clearly believe.

Yeah, but their announcement of Steam integration for the CK and 2 month delay has the modding community in a bit of an uproar both at Nexus and the official boards. Though to tell the truth it's clear that a lot of it may be a misunderstanding and the Steam Workshop might not be as invasive, restrictive, and control hungry as most are fearing.

Some people have been taking the issues much more seriously than others, whether trolling or just plain stupidity.. it's gotten a bit ridiculous. Like this goof for example from the official Bethesda forums before the thread was deleted:

Hopefully Bethesda can clear this up between now and January, perhaps working for Steam to be entirely optional/minimal (wishful thinking) before s*** begins to seriously hit the fan for them.

The tools are free and they didnt say they would ship with the game. The delay is disappointing but bet they are also ironing out bugs and making sure the mod tutorial wiki is up to date.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
The tools are free and they didnt say they would ship with the game. The delay is disappointing but bet they are also ironing out bugs and making sure the mod tutorial wiki is up to date.

They stated it would be released close to the game's release, and it is free, but it being free doesn't remedy the possible issues the steam workshop integration could bring for modders. Like I said, hopefully this is all a misunderstanding by the communities due to the lack of proper clarification from Bethesda.

I'm still a bit new to the Steam scene so I don't have any experience with the Workshop, but I noticed that other sites have been reporting that modders will be able to have full control over how they upload their mods from the CK, whether that's their own assumptions or personal experience.. I dunno. Fingers crossed.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I couldn't give a rat's arse about the Creation Kit.

What I want is all the questbugs and stuff to be fixed asap. Delaying the Creation Kit I can understand, but for such a big studio not only to ship a game in this state but then also delaying the fixes even further is inexcusable. Especially since their latest patch screwed things up.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
They stated it would be released close to the game's release, and it is free, but it being free doesn't remedy the possible issues the steam workshop integration could bring for modders. Like I said, hopefully this is all a misunderstanding by the communities due to the lack of proper clarification from Bethesda.

I'm still a bit new to the Steam scene so I don't have any experience with the Workshop, but I noticed that other sites have been reporting that modders will be able to have full control over how they upload their mods from the CK, whether that's their own assumptions or personal experience.. I dunno. Fingers crossed.

Id imagine the Steam integration will merely be used to share the mods and rate them etc easier.

What I want is all the questbugs and stuff to be fixed asap. Delaying the Creation Kit I can understand, but for such a big studio not only to ship a game in this state but then also delaying the fixes even further is inexcusable. Especially since their latest patch screwed things up.

Not the first time they have shipped a game in this state, in fact you could argue this is the least glitchy game that Bethesda have released for some time. The quest fixes should have taken priority over everything as a lot of the bugs 'fixed' in the patches werent game breaking (still needed fixing but not urgently) whereas being unable to continue along a quest line is ruining the game.

Id imagine they would have got onto the quest fixes sooner if the last patch hadnt buggered other things up in the game and had different errors on different platforms. They did say that they will be rolling out the 'data' fixes in a big way in Jan though so expect some large patches with plenty of fixes, the Christmas holiday break wont have helped them getting things done in time.

Bethesda Statement
After the holidays, we'll continue to release regular updates for the game - through full title updates, as well as incremental 'gameplay updates' to fix whatever issues come up along with rebalancing portions of the game for difficulty or exploits. We plan on having a lot of these, not just a few. Overall, you should expect updates to be hitting the PC and Steam earlier and more often, as that's a process we control. Console updates will follow, as they must be certified and processed by those manufacturers.
We all know this is a huge game, and everyone has a different experience. We'll continue to do everything we can to make the game better and better for as many people as possible every day. We've also realised that with the millions upon millions of people playing Skyrim, we need to treat our updates with greater care. If we get too aggressive trying to fix a minor issue, we run a risk of breaking something larger in a game like this.
To be safe, we are prioritising code side fixes right now over data fixes. Quest and balance issues are usually data, and those will start rolling in a large way with the January updates.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
YOU'RE TEARING ME APART BETHESDA!

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Id imagine the Steam integration will merely be used to share the mods and rate them etc easier.

Hopefully. Bethesda had responded to one of the Nexus staff via an email stating "Our focus with the Steam Workshop is creating an environment where users can create, upload, download, and rate free user content." Problem is, they didn't mention if the uploading to Steam was automatic or optional, which partly has people freakin' out.
I couldn't give a rat's arse about the Creation Kit.

Well I damn sure care, tis one of the main reasons I bothered with the PC version in the first place. Not bothered by the release delay, I just hope they don't totally bork it up. You're right though, Bethesda needs to get their priorities in proper order and to quit dicking around with the minor things that can clearly be fixed later. Seriously, being able to press the ESC button to exit menus had to be a top priority on Bethesda's list?

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
Yep, Dragons definitely aren't attacking me now. Still managed to kill one by letting a mudcrab tank it for me.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I never downloaded any patches because from past experience they were solely used to fix exploits or clashing dlc, seems now with this ability developers are getting lazy and using it as a band aid. I got lucky from my paranoia.

I never really knew about steam works sounds like that music genre or a dwarven ruin, worse case scenario what do modders fear of it being integrated into the creation kit? Less freedom or something?

I'm shocked to hear how delayed the Kit will be, and here I was sad about not getting it for Pc missing out on the funnest part of TES!

I mean wether they got inspiration or not modders were the ones to introduce Dragons into Tamriel. Besides the lore and one boss in Redgaurd I believe. My point is modders are the entire foundation of the community, priority number one. I'm glad they put so much effort into making games of this magnitude accessible for console players but not at the sacrifice of Pc fans. No way.

I'm really upset with the vanilla version aswell, good thing it's such an awesome game.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I never really knew about steam works sounds like that music genre or a dwarven ruin, worse case scenario what do modders fear of it being integrated into the creation kit? Less freedom or something?

Many things, primarily: Online connection required to use the kit since it runs on Steam, creations being automatically uploaded to Steam without the creator's permission, being restricted to only sharing mods through Steam and not other websites. Mods getting price tags attached to them allowing modders to make a profit instead of free distribution, the software being dumbed down to appeal to the casual masses, etc.

After doing some more reading around though, I don't think half of that stuff is going to come true and a lot of people in the communities are just jumping to conclusions with their misunderstandings. We'll found out soon enough, just one more month to go.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
[UPDATE]

The new patch has been released on Steam and can be downloaded right now. The list of fixes are as follows:

• General stability improvements
  • Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
  • Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
  • Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
  • Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
  • Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
  • Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate
Xbox 360 & PS3 versions have already been submitted to Sony & Microsoft and are awaiting for them to release it. Bethesda also stated that they'll be rolling out improved support for the 4GB LAA tuning for PC players with mods installed.