• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[UPDATE] Skyrim: New Screens of Races

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
killingtheserpent.png

Today several gaming press sites have released new screenshots of the characters they were able to create during their time with the demo of Skyrim. Races that were released include the Nord, Argonian, Wood Elf (Bosmer), Orc, Breton, and Khajiit. You also get a glimpse at some of the face paint in the game, and as a bonus, a comparison shot of Skyrim characters vs. Oblivion characters has also been included.​

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Good to see the Argonian actually looks like a water mammal (or whatever FEESHY FEESH things are called) and its nice to see you can be a Snow Leopard (judging by the 3rd picture on the top row).
Still excited for this game and angry at you for making me go buy a couple more pairs of shorts >.>

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
The comparison pics made me fap I may need a new vid card haha but i'll probably just get it on xbox.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
looks sweet! I like they are going more rugged Conan then aristocrat renessance.

I just hope that I will be able to do more with the argonians and Kajhiht in this one customizable wise then in oblivion. I feel those races are so unique they deserve more potential.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Really impressive, the comparision pictures show just how far it has came in the years since Oblivion came out.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Good to see the Argonian actually looks like a water mammal (or whatever FEESHY FEESH things are called) and its nice to see you can be a Snow Leopard (judging by the 3rd picture on the top row).
Still excited for this game and angry at you for making me go buy a couple more pairs of shorts >.>
I agree, the Argonian is easily the most I'm looking forward to for Skyrim, they finally look truly unique from all the other races in the game.
looks sweet! I like they are going more rugged Conan then aristocrat renessance.

I just hope that I will be able to do more with the argonians and Kajhiht in this one customizable wise then in oblivion. I feel those races are so unique they deserve more potential.

Well actually, one of the journalists described the customization of the Khajiit as very robust and deep, where you can customize & switch every detail of them. Such as: Ears, nose, mouth, cheek fur, whiskers, eyes, eyeliner, fur stripes/pattern, etc etc.
The comparison pics made me fap I may need a new vid card haha but i'll probably just get it on xbox.
Really impressive, the comparision pictures show just how far it has came in the years since Oblivion came out.

Heh, when I saw the comparison I couldn't help but laugh out loud cause I remember when Oblivion first came we were all jaw-dropped & stunned at how "beautiful" it was. :lol:

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
I agree, the Argonian is easily the most I'm looking forward to for Skyrim, they finally look truly unique from all the other races in the game.

Heh, when I saw the comparison I couldn't help but laugh out loud cause I remember when Oblivion first came we were all jaw-dropped & stunned at how "beautiful" it was. :lol:

IKR!!!

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee--

Ahem. Nice screens.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Woah..

0XFEX.jpg

Epic graphics... should make the game a little more believable, I love the orc, I always played as an Orc so nice to see they look dangerous instead of stupid dumb green thing. Also the lizzard thing is pretty damn awesome. Also the women seem to be hot in Skyrim, this pleases me.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
argonian and khajit both look exceptionally incredible (to me).

its nice to see you can be a Snow Leopard
not to rain in on your parade, because that would be awesome. i think that it's just the light in the picture. as you may recall from oblivion, elder scrolls games can have some pretty intense light reflection. i think it's just the light from the fire spell going over very light brown fur. if you look carefully you can see it browning towards the top.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
argonian and khajit both look exceptionally incredible (to me).

not to rain in on your parade, because that would be awesome. i think that it's just the light in the picture. as you may recall from oblivion, elder scrolls games can have some pretty intense light reflection. i think it's just the light from the fire spell going over very light brown fur. if you look carefully you can see it browning towards the top.

Hmm, you could have a point, but then thats where customization comes in. I was a little estatic though, Snowy area=Snow Leopard.

Reaction score
Pics look great, nice to see how realistic the faces look this time round. The Argonian is a major improvement, looks like something right out of a high budget fantasy movie.

The Orc looks superb too, wouldn't want to **** that guy off that's for sure.

SR-character-IGN_wLegal.jpg

The Dumner above looks impressive too, I'm spoiled for choice. Dunno which race to choose first.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Am I the only one who isn't impressed with the look of the Dunmer?

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
The Dumner above looks impressive too, I'm spoiled for choice. Dunno which race to choose first.

Nice find, I haven't seen that one either. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure which I'll be starting as first, but I think I'm going to go for an Argonian Thief.
Am I the only one who isn't impressed with the look of the Dunmer?

Maybe. :p

I think it's a major step up from before and will actually use them this time around.