• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

True Crime

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score
True Crime

It looks like they're releasing a new True Crime game on our modern consoles. Anyone familiar with the PS2 games? Check it out here:

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/481/481884.html

From my memory, it was pretty similar to GTA but from the other end. Instead of starring as a criminal or a gangster, you play a police officer in LA.

The new one seems to follow suit with a few minor differences.

Inspired by classic Hollywood and Asian cinema style action thrillers, True Crime follows the story of detective Wei Shen as he infiltrates one of Hong Kong's notorious Triad crime syndicates. As a newly hired thug within the Triad organization, Wei must do whatever it takes to stay undetected and survive, balancing his moral duty as a cop with the objectives of the assignment. In order to ascend the ranks of the underworld, gamers will engage in visceral, fast-paced martial arts combat and explosive gunfights, along with high-octane driving sequences and acrobatic free-running chases as they go deeper and deeper undercover.
Set in Hong Kong, True Crime takes gamers through diverse neighborhoods, ranging from the high class Central HK to the bustling fish markets of Aberdeen and beyond in a wide variety of story missions and sandbox activities. The game also introduces handfuls of intriguing characters for gamers to interact with as they navigate through a truly unique and dangerous city.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14279324.html

[youtube]qWagXEnK-2o[/youtube]

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
Re: True Crime

It looks sick. I never played the second one though.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Never finished the first one on PC. Got stuck on the part where you can't see droded. There where you get to fight zombies. And that angered me. Zombies? Droded...

Never played the second one.

I hate Hong Kong ;s

Tell me, are there any zombies in the second one?

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score

Honestly, I never knew there were zombies in the first one. :p

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Did you even finish it?

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

Nice find looks awesome I loved the first especialy the dragon, never played second heard it was **** but this looks goood.

Hermit

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score

Daemon300;361666 said:
Did you even finish it?

I can't really remember. I do remember wandering around a lot and frisking random pedestrians though... similar to what I do in real life! o_O

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Some aspects of the first were quite well done (had it for my Xbox) but others were not so well done. The shooting mechanic worked well in theory but having a huge target reticule was kind of off putting after a while. The hand to hand combat was quite good but there were parts that looked awkward. It kind of felt a little unfinished but maybe they will fix the minor issues with the sequel. Had the potential to be an excellent game.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

I remember playing the first one for the Game Cube. Brings back memories. Remember those missions where you could be Snoop Dog? Hoo. And those license plate cheats where you could make it so your character was a donkey and what not. Yep.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Trawgdor;361725 said:
I remember playing the first one for the Game Cube. Brings back memories. Remember those missions where you could be Snoop Dog? Hoo. And those license plate cheats where you could make it so your character was a donkey and what not. Yep.

Dog has two G's when you're talking 'bout Doggy Dogg, homie.

Was this the same game as like True Crime: Streets of LA and stuff? I don't remember zombies...

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

What's this?

605455718.jpg

605455687.jpg

;d

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;361740 said:
Dog has two G's when you're talking 'bout Doggy Dogg, homie.

Was this the same game as like True Crime: Streets of LA and stuff? I don't remember zombies...

Whoops, I'm not a big fan of the genre so...

But yeah, I think the zombies were from when you were underground? Like, in the sewers or something. I don't remember, but probably just a little before you fought that fire dragon demon thing.

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;361740 said:

Yes, but apparently you did fight zombies at some point? Beyond me. :lol:

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

That made me mad. Zombies? In a normal game? WTF?