• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sony using outdated security software says Security Expert

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
spafford.jpg

After being subpoenaed by Attorney General Eric Schneiderman over the recent PlayStation Network hack and breach of customers personal information it seems more info has came out about Sony's security. The Security expert of Purdue University Dr. Gene Spafford has said that Sony were aware of issues in their security months in advance via an open forum monitored by Sony employees. He says that Sony were using outdated versions of the Apache Web server software, which "was unpatched and had no firewall installed," 'two to three months' previous to the attack.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
my boss is a die hard sony lover, buys everything Sony no matter what it may be. i'll have fun bringing this one up at work :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
my boss is a die hard sony lover, buys everything Sony no matter what it may be. i'll have fun bringing this one up at work :lol:

I thought the details in this report were quite shocking and to not even have basic protection in place is crazy.

Reaction score
I think they'll learn from their mistakes, if the tech teams have a half a brain between them anyway at least. :ermm:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Reaction score
If this is true then I think I'll go for the original Metal Gear Solid download (doubt they'll be offering that like but I can cross my fingers and hope.) Had my eye on that for a while now. ^_^ I just hope the games that they do offer are good.

Dentie

Reaction score
If this is true then I think I'll go for the original Metal Gear Solid download (doubt they'll be offering that like but I can cross my fingers and hope.) Had my eye on that for a while now. ^_^ I just hope the games that they do offer are good.

i think it will be those games no one ever bought, but i hope not!

Reaction score
i think it will be those games no one ever bought, but i hope not!

Yeah I'm usually glad about this free give away type of thing, but if they give us cheap crap no one wanted I'd feel more insulted than compensated. I'd be thinking "Is that all we're worth to you sony?" Then again I probably shouldn't complain seeing as the service is free anyway.

Dentie

Reaction score
Yeah I'm usually glad about this free give away type of thing, but if they give us cheap crap no one wanted I'd feel more insulted than compensated. I'd be thinking "Is that all we're worth to you sony?" Then again I probably shouldn't complain seeing as the service is free anyway.

Yeah thats also true, i'm happy with any game i get for free even if it is the crappiest game ever i will still have fun with it because it has been free like someonge gave me THIS game

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I don't even use my PSP anymore but I'll still take them two free games... 8D