• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Dragon Ball Arcade Game on way

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I know what many of you are thinking, so what? Its an Arcade game and its in Japan so why should we care? However the hardware it uses is the PlayStation 3 based "System 357" hardware, so therefore a home console port to both 360 and PS3 should be pretty simple to do. Thats not the most interesting thing about this game though as there have been many DBZ games on consoles and the more recent ones have been mediocre at best and mostly poor so what makes this one different? Well the fact that Dragon Ball Zenkai Battle Royal (long name i know) is a four player combat game where players select their choice of Dragon Ball character and battle it out in everyone-for-themselves battles at the same time. Plus what looks like destructible environments and not just the odd preset mountain here and there. Interesting concept of what they could do with this idea.
View the trailer here (click orange button) to see it for yourself.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
THAT
LOOKS
AWESOME

good graphics, fun fight dynamic,
has LOADS of potential if you ask me.

oh yeah, and it took me a couple of minutes, but to everyone else you have to click the orange button under "coming soon" to watch the trailer :)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
THAT
LOOKS
AWESOME

good graphics, fun fight dynamic,
has LOADS of potential if you ask me.

oh yeah, and it took me a couple of minutes, but to everyone else you have to click the orange button under "coming soon" to watch the trailer :)

I agree, its something like that battle system that DBZ has been crying out for. Large battles with more than one person and a large destructible environment. I included how to watch the trailer in the original post. :p

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I agree, its something like that battle system that DBZ has been crying out for. Large battles with more than one person and a large destructible environment. I included how to watch the trailer in the original post. :p
absolutely. i can't wait to see how big the roster and selection of moves is. if there's any tough competition with DBZ games, it's in those departments. :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
absolutely. i can't wait to see how big the roster and selection of moves is. if there's any tough competition with DBZ games, it's in those departments. :lol:

Thats if it makes it outside Japan and off the Arcade which i hope it does as most of the DBZ games left me disappointed so far after Budokai 3.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
The graphics are awesome, especially for an arcade game, and the gameplay with four different players on the battlefield looks amazing. I'll get it if it comes out in English because I just can't stand the Japanese DBZ voices, so until then, I'm sticking to Raging Blast 2 (when I get it that is).

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Now THIS looks like fun. I've been waiting for years for a Power Stone 3 since the demise of the Dreamcast, but this looks like it can satisfy that hunger. It also looks like it's using some of the gameplay mechanics from the Budokai Tenkaichi series.

Played the demo of RB2 and I just didn't like it.. so hopefully this makes it to the consoles, I'm in dire need of a new good DBZ game.

Nicely written article btw, Andy.

Reaction score
If anything I really want to play Dragon ball online, shame it's only available in Japan and South Korea.