• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Maps of Albion

CdotRedz

Reaction score
We've gone from this...
To this...
..to this..

and don't forget Journey adding the Edgelands out of nowhere:
http://images.wikia.com/fable/images/c/c2/002-World-Map.jpg

Need I say more? Fair enough, 500 years between F1 and F2, and the updated map was explained by Introduction to Navigation, but there was only 50 years between F2 and F3 and the maps a lot different. Like whys there a mountain now where Wraithmarsh should be. Bowerstone is in a different place each time, and look how far away they suggest Bower Lake is from Bowerstone. (in the F2 map, which is supposedly the most accurate)

Yeah they said Anniversary will be an exact HD remake of TLC but they should make a new map, like in F3 where it's 3D and you can look at your houses and stuff - don't even care for that, just want it to be accurate.

Do you think they would? Think they simply don't care? I think they happily bend and break lore for the sake of unimportant gameplay and/or laziness. I wanna hear your thoughts on this, Fable fans, discuss.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
It's a map! Maps sucked pretty hard for a damn long time.

Wasn't until our equivalent of Fable 3 time or later that we got good, and we weren't REALLY good until we could fly around and look at that **** from the air!

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
There's already a TES. We don't need another. Besides, no one makes TES better than the guys who make TES. Fable wouldn't be able to compete.

However, lore. Lore lore lore. Lore is good. The guys over there would do well to just sit down and write out a bazillion paragraphs of story explaining everything about everything, big and small. Maybe that's a TES sort of thing that they may want to put into their next Fable game. Seriously, the TES games have a lot of stories whereas Fable has a rule book on farting among other things.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I don't have any theories as to why these geographic inconsistencies exist, but I do agree that Lionhead should do this:

The guys over there would do well to just sit down and write out a bazillion paragraphs of story explaining everything about everything, big and small.

And in doing so, I think they should basically say what Walker said, and make it official. They should just say that map making and geographic knowledge in the world of Albion sucked for a long time, and then they should make a new, accurate, official map that they stick to for the rest of the Fable series.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Looking at stuff from the side and drawing it how you think it would look from the top is hard, guys.

I am also upset by the fact that my first post back here in a long time is me agreeing with Walker.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Looking at stuff from the side and drawing it how you think it would look from the top is hard, guys.

I am also upset by the fact that my first post back here in a long time is me agreeing with Walker.

BOO-YAH!

Personally, I love the fact that, like, the second thread I ever made here was an argument about maps back in the pre-Fable 2 days. Think they'd just previewed the Fable 2 map. Or something.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
BOO-YAH!

Personally, I love the fact that, like, the second thread I ever made here was an argument about maps back in the pre-Fable 2 days. Think they'd just previewed the Fable 2 map. Or something.

I recall those days. Fun times when the Fable fanbase was full of excitement and optimism, as opposed to now when we've spent years being brutally raped by disappointment and false promises.

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
I recall those days. Fun times when the Fable fanbase was full of excitement and optimism, as opposed to now when we've spent years being brutally raped by disappointment and false promises.
Welp, at least there's not a lot of room for disappointment here. We know exactly what we're getting, more or less. It's Fable: TLC again. Not sure how they're going to promise a blowjob in every box this time considering we already know ahead of time there isn't gonna be one. Even if this re-release had everything that they originally said was going to be in Fable/Fable: TLC (i.e., singing sword), I don't think anyone would get excited enough to do more than sarcastically yell "well whoopdedoo."

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
I want to be able to marry a Sandgoose.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
I want to be able to marry a Sandgoose.

[WHAP] Bad arseface! Stop trolling the Fableyfans.

We LIKE Fable Anniversary, we do! And I'm sure they'll let you marry whatever you want.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
your post is very nice but what is the meeat by thou salt walk!

These are the kind of important contributions we need more of on this forum