• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable First Person

Status
Not open for further replies.

iC0NNNN

Premium
Reaction score
Fable First Person

I know what your going to say go play TES BUT I was just going over the scene in Fable 2 where Lucien shoots you and I must say it would be kind of cool to play Fable in first person.

Opinions?

Cain

Reaction score
Re: Fable First Person

Go play fallout 3 or TES.

Some scenes would be cool in FP, but otherwise no.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

None of the Fable games would work in first person.

It's fine the way it is and I'd probably stop playing if they did switch it to first person.

iC0NNNN

Premium
Reaction score

Im not saying switch the entire game to FP im just saying that some of the scenes/game play would be cool in first person.

I agree Fable is fine the way it is just thought it might be cool in some places.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Eh... like I said, it's fine the way it is. There aren't any scenes I'd care to see in first-person. Besides, when you zoom in with the gun it's a bit like first-person, no?

The Rh Factor

Likes shiny objects
Reaction score

It would be cool if you had the choice to play in first person if you wanted to. I have no idea why, but some games I prefer to play in first person and some I prefer to play in third. Not sure how I'd feel about Fable being FP, I guess I'd have to try it and see... which isn't likely to happen, so it's pretty much irrelevant.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Even if a bit of first person, it'd kill my mood for Fable. I like it the way it is, and always did. I also hope it'll remain as such. Not to mention we couldn't even see our own expressions, let alone other small details.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score

FP is cool for shooters, etc.

But for an RPG? I prefer third=person. Especially a game like Fable.

If I design my character to MY likeliness, then I want to see him, not his hands or arms.

Thing is, I want to see my character, and the world around him better.

In FP, why should you be able to dress him as you like? What's the point in appearance, other than XBOX Live friends seeing you?

Maybe an option would be OK, but idk about the whole thing.

Yoruichi

Premium
Reaction score

No, Fable is fine the way it is now.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

Indeed. I agree with most everyone here. A 1st person Fable wouldn't make much sense. It's just kind of the style of the game that would just make it awkward. You wouldn't be able to control where you were looking when you're in battle and it would just be a mess.

Bluedrake

Reaction score

Not to mention that first person would make the whole customization thing pointless. Who cares about the hero's appearance if we never see it.

They could compromise by making the player able to switch between first and third person, but the auto-aim function makes it unnecessary.

Reaction score

no no and no. no first person go play the 500 other games that have first person in it fable is perfect the way its going it wont be a mmorpg it wont be a fps it wont be a rts fable is fable and its good the way it is

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Bluedrake;431668 said:
Not to mention that first person would make the whole customization thing pointless. Who cares about the hero's appearance if we never see it.

They could compromise by making the player able to switch between first and third person, but the auto-aim function makes it unnecessary.

Using that logic you could say that customization is pointless in Oblivion or Fallout 3 and so on and so forth. However, that's not necessarily the case. Some games are better when built around different camera views. I would hate to play Fallout 3 in third person (even though it is an option).

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

GrimWhim;431675 said:
Using that logic you could say that customization is pointless in Oblivion or Fallout 3 and so on and so forth. However, that's not necessarily the case. Some games are better when built around different camera views. I would hate to play Fallout 3 in third person (even though it is an option).
That's why it's not pointless.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Can people stop saying "Go play X". The guy is only asking a question. "Go **** off". See? That wasn't fun.

Bluedrake

Reaction score

GrimWhim;431675 said:

I don't know about Fallout 3, but in Oblivion you can switch povs. I was saying that first person only made the customization pointless. Think first person shooters.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

I can just imagine Jack of Blades t-bagging the guild masters corpse before the hero arrives...

Reaction score

JoB:is my health low now is my mana running low shut up you old stupid man

Status
Not open for further replies.