• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Elder Scrolls Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Elder Scrolls Oblivion

With my copy hopefully arriving either tomorrow or Friday i thought i should make a thread dedicated to it. Anyone who has or wants the game can post their opinions, ideas etc and generally chat about it here.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Re: Elder Scrolls Oblivion

Will you buy me a copy for my upcoming birthday? And possibly a brand new rig to go with it please.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego said:
Will you buy me a copy for my upcoming birthday? And possibly a brand new rig to go with it please.

:lol: erm..... :p

i think your rig should handle it anyway and cant miss this release man!

System Requirements

Recommended:

3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
1 GB System RAM
ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

Minimum System Requirements:

Windows XP
512MB System RAM
2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
128MB Direct3D compatible video card
and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
8x DVD-ROM drive
4.6 GB free hard disk space
DirectX 9.0c (included)
DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
Keyboard, Mouse

Supported Video Card Chipsets:

ATI X1900 series
ATI X1800 series
ATI X1600 series
ATI X1300 series
ATI X850 series
ATI x800 series
ATI x700 series
ATI x600 series
ATI Radeon 9800 series
ATI Radeon 9700 series
ATI Radeon 9600 series
ATI Radeon 9500 series
NVIDIA Geforce 7800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
NVIDIA GeForce FX series

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

My copy arrived today :w00t: :w00t:

Going to be spending ALOT of time on this game i can tell you that, it looks utterly amazing.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Spent about 4 hours on it so far and have barely even scratched the surface of the game :O

It has recieved rave reviews everywhere :D and well deserved i must say!

Gamespot

Xbox 360 - 9.6 Superb
PC - 9.3 Superb

IGN

Xbox 360 - 9.3 Outstanding
PC - 9.3 Outstanding

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Are you using PC or 360 for it?

I hear there is a lot stutter in open grass areas on the 360 because of the amount of detail incorporated into the game.... I think I read that on IGN possibly.

I honestly can say I would buy a copy but my PC simply wouldnt run it and I dont own an XBox 360...

:'(

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

weirdkidinthebox said:
I honestly can say I would buy a copy but my PC simply wouldnt run it and I dont own an XBox 360...
Yeah, Oblivion does require a beast of a system to get the game running smoothly, if I were you I would consider selling a kidney or something to raise the money.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

projectego said:
Yeah, Oblivion does require a beast of a system to get the game running smoothly, if I were you I would consider selling a kidney or something to raise the money.
Now that you mention it I have two legs I dont use frequently. I should place an ad in the local paper,

"For Sale: Two legs, good condition, one previous careful owner- slightly hairy. Will accept trade for high end personal computer system."

Chances are I will probably just buy Fable 2 and a 360 instead though I hear the 360s are a very dodgy machine. To be honest I probably wouldnt care as long it ran Fable 2 and Resident Evil 5.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

It does require a somewhat meaty PC to run it at max but Mid-Range PC's should still cope quite well. I have it for PC and the only problem i have with it is like i said in another thread. Love the game so far, about 5 hours 30mins in now and done only 3 quests :lol:

Xbox 360's can be tempramental as ive had no problems with mine but some people have, luck of the draw really. None of my freinds have had any issues with theirs either so ...

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan said:
It does require a somewhat meaty PC to run it at max but Mid-Range PC's should still cope quite well. I have it for PC and the only problem i have with it is like i said in another thread. Love the game so far, about 5 hours 30mins in now and done only 3 quests :lol:

Xbox 360's can be tempramental as ive had no problems with mine but some people have, luck of the draw really. None of my freinds have had any issues with theirs either so ...

My friend has had nothing but problems with his system- guss they'll maybe fix minor flaws as time goes by. Obviously there is going to be some growing pains for the new system...

Hmm my PC isnt quite mid range- Im upgrading soon though so hopefully I will maybe have enough power on my desktop to run it then.

I assume you're enjoying Oblivion then- five and a half hours and only a few quests- is that cause the quests are long or because you have been exploring the world so much :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox said:
My friend has had nothing but problems with his system- guss they'll maybe fix minor flaws as time goes by. Obviously there is going to be some growing pains for the new system...

Hmm my PC isnt quite mid range- Im upgrading soon though so hopefully I will maybe have enough power on my desktop to run it then.

I assume you're enjoying Oblivion then- five and a half hours and only a few quests- is that cause the quests are long or because you have been exploring the world so much :lol:

There are afew bugs but it is NOWHERE NEAR as buggy as morrowind was. I think just one patch could sort out most of the problems. I upgraded my PC for this and F.E.A.R.

I am really enjoying the game yeah its unlike any RPG ive ever played, everything works so well its quite unbelieveable. I have been to seduced to explore loads of places that its sidetracked me from the quests. I like finding dungeons and caves and exploring them for weapons, enemies and items etc.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Sounds like an awesome game- I've heard nothing but good things about the character interaction of the NPCs.

I never liked Morrowind- it was the first person perspective which annoyed me. I always prefer things in third person. That and the fact at the time I bought it I was looking for something to fulfill my needs after I completed Fable.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox said:
Sounds like an awesome game- I've heard nothing but good things about the character interaction of the NPCs.

I never liked Morrowind- it was the first person perspective which annoyed me. I always prefer things in third person. That and the fact at the time I bought it I was looking for something to fulfill my needs after I completed Fable.

It is an awesome game and the radiant AI is amazing, they actually eat, sleep, go to work, visit friends (to many things to say) has almost unlimited replayablity and so much to do it could take 200+ hours to fully get most of the things in the games (sub quests etc)

The first person perspective is SO much better the 3rd person in Morrowind sucked and is slightly better in Oblivion but its still not quite right and you will find it a real pain to use in battles. It was designed to be a First Person RPG so...

I think looking out the characters eyes when using a sword and bow etc is really effective and really works well strange you would prefer 3rd person. Maybe for a game like Fable which you do more rolling etc but the fight mechanics are completley different in this.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan said:
It is an awesome game and the radiant AI is amazing, they actually eat, sleep, go to work, visit friends (to many things to say) has almost unlimited replayablity and so much to do it could take 200+ hours to fully get most of the things in the games (sub quests etc)

The first person perspective is SO much better the 3rd person in Morrowind sucked and is slightly better in Oblivion but its still not quite right and you will find it a real pain to use in battles. It was designed to be a First Person RPG so...

I think looking out the characters eyes when using a sword and bow etc is really effective and really works well strange you would prefer 3rd person. Maybe for a game like Fable which you do more rolling etc but the fight mechanics are completley different in this.

Good point- I guess it has its benefits. Its not just the first person in Morrowind though, usually I will stear well clear of any kind of first person game. I like to see my character right on front of me for some odd reason, I just dont feel comfortable if I dont. Hopefully if there are some good FPS games released for the Revolution when it comes out I will feel more comfortable using their rather interesting controller- it could make things very interesting in FPSers....

C

Crazyarms

Yeah my 360 has some bugs in it, but overall its a good system.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Man, you guys seem to rave so much about this game, your sarting make me want it. :D

Also, I hear that they are recalling all current 360s for repairs. I guess Ill just have to wait to get mine, oh well.

C

Crazyarms

Well i read an article, and it said that the 360 lauch was fake. It said that the Real launch will be up shortly. (I dont know if this is true, but GameInformer said it)

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Crazyarms said:
Well i read an article, and it said that the 360 lauch was fake. It said that the Real launch will be up shortly. (I dont know if this is true, but GameInformer said it)

Fake- you mean that instead of sending out the real finished consoles they sent out dodgy versions to test them out on a mass scale then recall them and send out the proper consoles?

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

That's a pretty ignorant idea. Things like this always have a negative effect on people, not to mention its just rude. If that article was speaking the truth, then I hope the company's reputation plumets for his foolish stunt. Using us for tests, this is what beta testers are for.

Status
Not open for further replies.