• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Devil May Cry

KoRn_Dowwg666;72726 said:
The only game reviewer I don't trust is Gamespot. Bloody Gamespot....

Why dont you trust them? They are usually quite harsh like IGN and i like companies to be critical of games as they dont sugar the pill and if a game is rubbish they will say so.

K

KoRn_Dowwg666

Dark Drakan;72730 said:
Why dont you trust them? They are usually quite harsh like IGN and i like companies to be critical of games as they dont sugar the pill and if a game is rubbish they will say so.

Yes but even so they give good games low scores, like Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble, and Scareface-the World is yours. And Tony Hawk's Project 8 lol

Who liked DMC2?

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

I like all things DMC, even 2, I thought it was still good in the end.

And don't get angry just becuase a game you happened to like gotr a bad score, believe or not, in the end people will still like certain things of a game. Though you may like it in your own little way, these guys only go through the basics when rating games.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition is the best game in the universe. Ever. After Shining Force for the Mega Drive, anyway. :ninja:

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

projectego;72797 said:
Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition is the best game in the universe. Ever. After Shining Force for the Mega Drive, anyway. :ninja:
:ermm: What about Fable :unsure:
It's on the PC dur I thought I had to get a PS2 to play it sweet! First to finish JE

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

projectego;72797 said:
Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition is the best game in the universe. Ever.

Here, Here! Praise the greatest game!

R

RuneMaster

Well, DMC is my second favorite series. I have played all games that Dante made a guest appearance in. Im probably one of the few guys in the world to like DMC2. I love Dante's personality, but I like Vergile's outfit/style more. Its also one of the few games I can takle on difficulties beyound normal. Stylish and fun gameplay in all of them (but especially 3).

There. My feelings toward the game in a nutshell.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

You'd be suprised that more than so people do like DMC2, some just refuse to admit it. I have to say my favorite of the family isn't the brothers but the father, you can see what Sparda looks like and he looks pretty awsome. The noblistic style is a neat offset from what you usually see now and days, I give him props for it.

R

RuneMaster

Seigfreid;72908 said:
You'd be suprised that more than so people do like DMC2, some just refuse to admit it. I have to say my favorite of the family isn't the brothers but the father, you can see what Sparda looks like and he looks pretty awsome. The noblistic style is a neat offset from what you usually see now and days, I give him props for it.

I was almost convinced I was the only person to like the second, Im glad others arent so impossible to impress. As for Sparda, I like his look, but not as much as Vergel's. And as far as his personality is concerned, I know so very little about it. I mean sure, he saved all humans from the hordes from hell, but that doesnt mean he had to be a nice guy (in the social sense)...I mean was he a smart a like Dante, vicous like Vergile, noble, funny? I really think he should get his own game. . .DMC 5 The Legend of Sparda!

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Well when you've played the games and read the books, you tend to pick up a few things here a there. From what I can tell, he was a demon who somehow grew a conscience, a rare trait for any demon. With this conscience he began to the see the truth behind his deeds, and though a demon, he still had a sense of honor. He realized that this was a one way war and that the demons were the ones intruding for the king had manipulated his sense and made him believe that humans deserved this. After realizing all this he knew the only thing to do would be to side with the humans and take revenge against his demon bretheren. He was a noble man who believed in justice and truth, but being a demon, still held a sense of darkness. As for social skills, he obviously had some if he was able to hook up with a human chick and get a little something going, hehehe. *wink**wink*

R

RuneMaster

Seigfreid;72921 said:
As for social skills, he obviously had some if he was able to hook up with a human chick and get a little something going, hehehe. *wink**wink*

Dante seems to have a horde of women after him. . .in one way or the other:lol:, and I think his social skills are, sorta laking. . .much like my own:blush:. But you seem to draw Sparda' character out pretty well. Yeah I can see him as one of those "honorable types.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Dante's "charm" seems to extend far and wide, sometimes a little too far. By his very own words:

"You know what they say, I'm not just a ladies man, I'm a man's man."
-Devil May Cry (novel version)

R

RuneMaster

Seigfreid;72923 said:
Dante's "charm" seems to extend far and wide, sometimes a little too far. By his very own words:

You know thats kinda funny, I just finished the novle version a couple of weeks ago. I actually thought it was pretty good.

K

KoRn_Dowwg666

Seigfreid;72923 said:

LOL Yeah, I remember reading that somewhere...but I have not got the novel unfortunately...is it any good?

R

RuneMaster

KoRn_Dowwg666;73033 said:
LOL Yeah, I remember reading that somewhere...but I have not got the novel unfortunately...is it any good?

Its sort of an alternate prequal to the first one. I like DMC3 better, but its worth reading.

K

KoRn_Dowwg666

Nowerdays, Capcom are just making prequels for the DMC series. I mean, first DMC3, then DMC4, and apparently DMC5 is going to be before DMC2 or it is going to replace it...

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

They have their story all mixed up yeah, but the novels were written by someone other then DMC's creator. The novels take place before each of the games though like this:

DMC3 Novel -> DMC3 -> DMC Novel -> DMC -> DMC4* -> DMC2 Novel -> DMC2

The entire "current" timeling of Devil May Cry.

*though a little unnecessary, I figured I might as well put it there

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Yeah, as well as a DMC3 graphic novel. Both very good reads, though the DMC manga isn't finished yet.

K

KoRn_Dowwg666

I cannot get the manga comics from where I am....and yeah there is a DMC anime series coming out soon :p