• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Beowulf

L

LionHeadTex

Beowulf

This looks like a really great movie, based on the old english heroic, epic poem composed in the middle ages. In the poem, Beowulf, a hero of the Geats, battles three antagonists: Grendel, who is destroying Heorot and its inhabitants in Denmark, Grendel's mother,even a dragon. But I would like to see how the movie plays it out. We'll see, I guess :]

Apple - Trailers - Beowulf

Opens November 16. If you've seen Polar Express, this movie uses the same CG animation with lifelike models and scenery. Can't wait.

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score
Re: Beowulf

oh wow my drama teacher wasnt full of crap, we had to act it out and i was of course the hero Beowulf and my teacher said it would be a movie soon enough

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah I actually was reading about this a few months ago.

Should be good!;)

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Finally! The greatest epic of time now gets the movie it deserves, no futuristic setting, no cheaply produced sci fi channel make-up; no, this is the real thing! The way it was meant to be!

I actually knew about this a time back too as I read about its game adaptation. Though a movie-based game, the team at Ubisoft is hoping to go well ith this one and keep it a good game. They're adapting the movie story to a hardcore gaming format which will go beyond the typical linear approach of other movie-license.

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

He was great in Final Fantasy Tactics.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Not to mention a good boss in Devil May Cry 3.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I'm looking forward to the Epic battle with Grendel's Mom. He uses a Giant's Sword.:lol:

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Wow. That looks pretty cool judging by the trailer. I'll definitely be checking it out. :)

B

blu phoenix

Yeah heard about this on ComicCon. Looks really awesome and everything, considering it's cgi.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Really nice, I love norse, Old English, etc. mythology.
Can`t wait to see it.

R

Rhadiel

Devalion;118047 said:
He was great in Final Fantasy Tactics.

i love that game :p. too bad i never even beaten the two assassins on the roof top...