• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Because I am an insufferable, whiny little bitch.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
In the past, I have made whiny posts about how I can't get a girlfriend. Now I make whiny posts about my girlfriend. This is because I have no one in real life who I can talk to about this, seeing as my sister is my girlfriend's best friend, my family likes my girlfriend more than me, and I have no friends.

That being said, I really hope my sister doesn't pick today to visit projectego, because I'm about to say something mean:

My girlfriend is ****ing retarded.

She decided that she wanted to have me at her house for Thanksgiving*, then come to my family's Thanksgiving... stuff. I hated the idea. My family told me I had no choice, I had to do it. I said, okay, fine. (I did not describe that sequence of events to my girlfriend.)

Today, I find out that she had not previously discussed this with her own mother.

Because she's retarded.

And her mother was not delighted by this plan.

So... WTF is an appropriate response here?

*I assume you're all more-or-less familiar with US Thanksgiving, it's the 4th Thursday of November, I.E. next week.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
The adult in me would say:

Go to said un-delighted mother and talk to her direct, rather than via girlfriend. Explain the "mix-up" (polite way of saying her daughter screwed up) and offer to bow out of dinner arrangements and perhaps have a get together some other time. Or maybe turn up after the dinner to avoid embarrassment and still see the girlfriend/show willing.

The child in me would say:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The English person in me would say:

Wut the flock is Thanksgiving and do you have to dress as a turkey or a pilgrim or something?

I think that's enough of my multiple personalities for one day.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
It looks like the primary problem was not me coming there, but her leaving there and coming to mine.

Soooooo.... not a problem at all? I can't tell, my girlfriend is communicating poorly.

And yes. I dress as a turkey pilgrim for Thanksgiving.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Break up with her. From the way you're talking it sounds like you don't even like her. >_>

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Break up with her. From the way you're talking it sounds like you don't even like her. >_>

That was my first thought. I mean, this situation really doesn't sound like too big of a deal, but it does sound like you don't like her. Also, I feel like if you want to keep this relationship going, you should probably do two things: be more honest with her and try not to get your family involved that much. If you don't like her idea for Thanksgiving plans, tell her that. I mean, I'm not advocating you call her retarded, but telling her in a polite way that you'd rather do something else would be pretty helpful. And try not to let your family, or anyone else for that matter, dictate what you do in the relationship. She's your girlfriend, and the relationship belongs to the two of you, not anyone else.

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
I love girl problems. Not my own, I should clarify. I like other people's girl problems.

Disregard advice to break the relationship. A time to do that is after New Years, this way the holidays won't be depressing for the two of you as well as all those around you. As an added bonus, if you follow the no take-backs relationship rules, you can keep the Christmas gifts. For serious, breakups are for people who don't like each other. Walker wants to improve his relationship, not end it. Else he'd have done so instead of using the forum as a last resort for help and consult.

Strange thing about women. Poor judgment, they make bad decisions. I think it's caused by too much of that X chromosome. Trying to pick up cues from a lady who isn't talking about it requires clairvoyance, and if you were psychic you wouldn't need to be asking us what to do. It's far easier to let someone get slighted and do whatever you want but if your goal is to just do whatever as long as everyone's happy, that means people have to talk to each other. Angel has the right of it, talk to the girl's mother if you haven't already. If the problem is her spending time with your family, that's simple, you just have to talk to your own parents. Perhaps have her parents talk to your parents. Once the communicating gets going, all those involved should be able to come to a satisfactory arrangement without too much hassle.

Just a few notes. There are many benefits to the parents talking to each other, and you talking to her parents, and all of you resolving an issue like this together. Has that bonding sort of feel to it, and it makes her parents think that you're not a spineless wimp that lets everyone around him decide how things are going to go down. You're a communicator, a problem solver, you know, crap like that.

Cheers and happy Thanksgiving.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
You know what I say? F*ck'm, f*ck'm all! And say yes to rum, oh rum, you're so nice and kind to me

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Sometimes single life doesn't seem so bad.
That's why you should always stock up on +1's whenever you find them! Try looking hard.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
+1's...?

EDIT: They're called "one-ups" or "extra guys".

Stop messing with my head!

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
It is a full-on invasion.

We've probably banned several hundreds today between all us staff members.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Just wait 'til you have kids Walker. Then both families will be at war for who gets to have you over for each holiday, every year until the day you die.

Okey dokey. You can go lie in the foetal position nao.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
I didn't read anything anyone said because after I typed what I typed up there I felt like what the title said I was and didn't want to deal with a whiny, insufferable bitch like that.

But I just talked to my girlfriend on the phone and basically told her that I love her, but not as much as she loves me, and now I feel like a monstrous dick who tried to break her heart from [google maps it] 160 miles away.

And she's really great and nice and sexy and now I'm a ****ty human being. And I don't know what the **** I'm doing, but what I said was still true and **** I'M A ****HEAD.

(And so goes the ongoing saga of Walker going and being a ****head and bitching to the internet.)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I didn't read anything anyone said because after I typed what I typed up there I felt like what the title said I was and didn't want to deal with a whiny, insufferable bitch like that.

But I just talked to my girlfriend on the phone and basically told her that I love her, but not as much as she loves me, and now I feel like a monstrous dick who tried to break her heart from [google maps it] 160 miles away.

And she's really great and nice and sexy and now I'm a ****** human being. And I don't know what the f*** I'm doing, but what I said was still true and f*** I'M A ****HEAD.

(And so goes the ongoing saga of Walker going and being a ****head and bitching to the internet.)

Well accepting that it wasnt all her fault (simple lack of communication) is half the battle and so long as you learn from things like this and remember how not to react in the future everything will be fine.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
My question is: doesn't your country have laws against dating retarded people?

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
My question is: doesn't your country have laws against dating retarded people?

27506220.jpg