• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox-X enhanced Fable Anniversary

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
My friend has been banging on about his new version of Fable Anniversary on Xbox X with the new upgraded graphics for a few weeks now. Apparently it has nine times more pixels, sharper textures, better frame rate and quicker loading times from the original Anniversary edition on 360. I popped over last weekend and I must admit that I was very impressed with what I saw, very crisp and clear detailed graphics. I could see a massive difference. Lucky for pc owners they still have a frame rate not capped at 30, still quicker load times, and graphics on par. There is also the matter of the Heroic difficulty mode and other enchantments such as a slower ageing process and Fable Nexus that is only available to PC owners. I was still really impressed though and just wondered if any of you guys have given the new Xbox X version ago and what your thoughts on it was?.

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
I always had anniversary for PC. So never knew any different. As for the nexus mods.. There are like 3 or 4 and they are all just jack of blades mods to make you walk like him and your stance to pull out your sword or some spells modded.

Reactions: lee

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
Very true, I doubt that anyone was more excited then I was when Fable Anniversary was announced to have Modding. My dreams of making quests, creatures and anything else we’re sadly dashed when it was finally released unfortunately. I did have a go but like you I found it lacking. At least we got the Heroic difficulty that I actually do enjoy playing, even though the broken economy was annoying. I would definitely recommend Fable console fans though to give the upgraded Anniversary a go on Xbox X, the graphics and load times make it worth it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I dont have an Xbox One X but good to see that the upgraded specs of consoles is being used to improve already released games. Now if they can release Command & Conquer Tiberium Wars on backwards compatibility and improve frame rate for that I would be happy as its atrocious when you get decent amount of units on screen.

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
I haven’t played on many of the updated Xbox games yet but the ones that I have played on have been really decent. You could almost say that they are a remaster. Yeah Command and Conquer would be excellent. I love to see Fable 2 updated, now that would be incredible.

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
I haven’t played on many of the updated Xbox games yet but the ones that I have played on have been really decent. You could almost say that they are a remaster. Yeah Command and Conquer would be excellent. I love to see Fable 2 updated, now that would be incredible.
That would be worth buying an xbox for. I still am ****ed fable 2 was never released on PC. Seeing oakfield in xbox x graphics would be like the shire from lord of the rings. I love how beautiful and green and vivid everythinf was with Zelda breath of the wild. It reminded me of the landscape of underwater hyrule in wind waker. I was always dissapointed that one could never explore hyrule in wind waker. It just had a lackluster path to ganons tower. But it looked a lot like breath of the wild. But fable 2 would be amazing on updated graphics. They should remaster it

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
I don’t own the Xbox X either but I was honestly really impressed with how stunning Anniversary looked and how much better the load times were. It actually made me want to play though it all again. Like you the thought of the incredible Fable 2 having this upgrade also gets me so excited. If Fable 4 finally gets confirmed, it could finally convince me to go out and buy one.

FireDrakeZ

Reaction score
I hope Fable 2 and 3 would be enhanced as well on Xbox One X since I have both 360 discs. As for Fable Anniversary, I only have it on PC so I won't be able to find out out how enhanced it looks on the Xbox One X.

FireDrakeZ

Reaction score
I don’t own the Xbox X either but I was honestly really impressed with how stunning Anniversary looked and how much better the load times were. It actually made me want to play though it all again. Like you the thought of the incredible Fable 2 having this upgrade also gets me so excited. If Fable 4 finally gets confirmed, it could finally convince me to go out and buy one.

If you don't have an Xbox One X yet and have an older Xbox One, or PS4 console, now might be the time to get one. Trade up at Gamestop.

3425793-screen+shot+2018-08-14+at+12.08.08+pm.png

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-to-get-a-new-xbox-one-x-for-200-us-only/1100-6461147/

That way you can play enhanced 360 games in 4K.

You can also try a Microsoft store if you don't have a gamestop store near you:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/xbox-trade-in

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
If you don't have an Xbox One X yet and have an older Xbox One, or PS4 console, now might be the time to get one. Trade up at Gamestop.

3425793-screen+shot+2018-08-14+at+12.08.08+pm.png

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-to-get-a-new-xbox-one-x-for-200-us-only/1100-6461147/

That way you can play enhanced 360 games in 4K.

You can also try a Microsoft store if you don't have a gamestop store near you:

Last time I checked most places in UK weren’t accepting trade ins for the base model Xbox One it seems to be US only. I have a launch system and a One S but I wouldn’t mind getting rid of the base system for a One X.

FireDrakeZ

Reaction score
Last time I checked most places in UK weren’t accepting trade ins for the base model Xbox One it seems to be US only. I have a launch system and a One S but I wouldn’t mind getting rid of the base system for a One X.

Try a Microsoft store if you have one in the UK.

At the retail store Gamestop I believe you can actually combine a One S and an OG Xbox One trade in for a $450 credit towards the purchase of the Xbox One X. You can ask the microsoft store if they are willing to do that.

Last edited:

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
Thanks guys, waiting for news on Fable 4 but it’s seriously tempting now to get the new Xbox. Not only impressed with the updates for older games but the newer ones look decent to.

FireDrakeZ

Reaction score
Reasons for getting the Xbox One X (from a post I made recently on another forum)

The Xbox One X is the most powerful console of this gen with the most features, the best hardware geared specifically for my 4K HDR TV and again is the console with the best version for multi-platforms not only for this generation but for previous generations(enhanced mode) as well.

With my Xbox One X, it also saved me the cost of having to buy a separate 4K HDR blu ray player(which is not available on the PS4 Pro) just to watch movies in that resolution on disc.

Other reasons for buying it(all these features are not available on the PS4 Pro)

Back compatibility - especially since I already have an extensive 360 library including exclusives from 3 generations of Xbox consoles. 500+ games listed and rising
Enhanced modes - provides the best version for exclusive and multi-platform games with either increased resolution up to 4K or performance up to 60 fps in many games. 200+ games and rising
Xbox One Controller - natively recognized not only by my console but also by my Windows 10 PC
Dolby Atmos surround sound support
Free Sync (or Variable Refresh Rate) Support - nice feature found on high end gaming PCs that will help reduce stuttering and tearing
Automatic Game Mode - to reduce input lag
Ability to play games in native 4K HDR resolution
Play Anywhere option - quite convenient for me since I am also a PC gamer allowing me to shift from one platform to another depending upon where I am located and bringing my saves and achievements with me on either platform . It also allows me to play with friends on either platform. Buy the game once and play it on both platforms allowing me to play the same game on my Windows 10 laptop, or tablet while traveling and on my big screen 4K TV when I return home
Discord app(popular with gaming PC users) integration with the Xbox social app
Cross Platform play between Xbox and PC, Nintendo Switch and other platforms in games like Fortnight, Minecraft, etc.
UI that is integrated with the Xbox/Microsoft website on my PC
Smaller form factor
The One X is also better than my PC right now on multi-platforms at least until I can upgrade my gpu

Finally aside from those mentioned above many of which were added post launch, Microsoft is dedicated to adding even more features based on feedback from their customers, including Dolby Vision and support for the upcoming 2.1 HDMI standard and has been open to lending some of their iconic characters to Nintendo for use in their games. Microsoft is also investigating the possibility of adding keyboard/mouse functionality to the Xbox One console in the future.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Try a Microsoft store if you have one in the UK.

At the retail store Gamestop I believe you can actually combine a One S and an OG Xbox One trade in for a $450 credit towards the purchase of the Xbox One X. You can ask the microsoft store if they are willing to do that.

As far as im aware we dont have one in the UK as hard as that may be to believe. Also not sure if Gamestop retail stores are still in business here, been a long time since I saw one anywhere. I thought they had moved to online only in UK, ive been looking around for trade in deals online but they only seem to be low store credit offers rather than for a 'trade up' scheme. Even Amazon dont accept trade ins for base model XB1's anymore.

FireDrakeZ

Reaction score
As far as im aware we dont have one in the UK as hard as that may be to believe. Also not sure if Gamestop retail stores are still in business here, been a long time since I saw one anywhere. I thought they had moved to online only in UK, ive been looking around for trade in deals online but they only seem to be low store credit offers rather than for a 'trade up' scheme. Even Amazon dont accept trade ins for base model XB1's anymore.

Another deal applicable in the UK

chVByHT.jpg

FireDrakeZ

Reaction score
GAME is an interesting company. I have never heard from them before then out of the blue, they offered Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY edition(Origin code) for 5 pounds last year which is the lowest price I have heard of and since for the game. I ended up buying 2 copies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal, shame I dont have £260 spare at min. :lol:

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
Got my holiday to pay out for but thinking about seriously jumping to Xbox. Just disappointed that Shenmue 3 is only on PS4 but will probably just splash out for the pc version tbh. I’ve not owned a console for a while so maybe it is time now.

FireDrakeZ

Reaction score
Got my holiday to pay out for but thinking about seriously jumping to Xbox. Just disappointed that Shenmue 3 is only on PS4 but will probably just splash out for the pc version tbh. I’ve not owned a console for a while so maybe it is time now.

Red Dead Redemption consistently ranked one of the best games of all time, which is a console exclusive looks great enhanced in 4K on my Xbox One X, just in time for the upcoming release of RDR 2.

Even games from the older OG Xbox generation like Destroy All Humans looks great enhanced on Xbox One X. I decided to get it yesterday since it is currently on sale at the Microsoft store for $2.99. Other popular games from the OG Xbox console include Ninja Gaiden Black, Panzer Dragoon Orta and Crimson Skies Road to Revenge which are console exclusives not found on PCs but now available in 16 x resolution of the OG Xbox(and 4x that of OG Xbox One) when played enhanced on the Xbox One X.

Fable Anniversary is one of the games enhanced for 4K resolution viewing on the Xbox One X.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I would imagine Shenmue 3 will come to XB1 after a timed exclusive deal on PS4, they released the Shenmue 1 & 2 remasters on XB1 so wouldnt make sense that they didnt plan for 3 to come at some point.