• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox One is getting backwards compatibility

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Does anyone on here own an Xbone? I have a PS4 and I'm not that interested in getting a xbox1 until a really awesome set of games come out for it, but this is pretty cool nonetheless.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I have one and I'm really liking it so far, the updates each month have been brilliant and the features have gotten better and better.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Unbelievable, I was still on the fence about the XB1, but this basically seals the deal for me. And best of all there will be no charge and I can just plop my 360 discs right into it. This is what I've been wanting from PS4 from the start, and Sony failed miserably for it and then having the gall to re-charge you for games you already own with PSN & PSNow (because Blockbuster was amazing, right guys?), such an idiotic system.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Ironically this might help me get a PS4 :lol: I'm going to start looking for a great trade in deal for my 360!! Xbox One System to Rule them All!:troll::x360:

Oh and by the way, you'll need to rebuy Hexic HD for free on Xbox.com to have it show up on the "READY TO INSTALL" area under "My games & apps" with the rest of your digitally owned titles. I can't wait until Braid shows up :D

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Oh I was there when this was announced.
My view :D
CHjkz0cUEAAF42k.jpg

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
So they are adding a feature that should have been there from the start and now act like they're making a huge favor for players?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
So they are adding a feature that should have been there from the start and now act like they're making a huge favor for players?

Didnt have the means to do it from the start as they hadnt developed this solution yet and they have been working on this solution for years and finally its been rectified. If they could habe released the console with this feature it would have been ideal for gamers and Microsoft themselves but tech just wasnt ready yet.

There has been such a gap that they could have just not bothered or resold or rented/streamed you your games like Sony with a Playsation Now style paid service. However they opted to do it a differnet way and its free, even Sony have come out and said it must have been difficult to do and they dont currently have any plans to change their own approach.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
To be fair, when the XB1 was originally developed and unveiled, it was pretty clear they weren't developing the console for anyone but themselves (what a disaster). BC was definitely the last thing on their minds, thankfully they're turning things around especially after dropping those douchebags Phil Harrison & Don Mattrick.

Didnt have the means to do it from the start as they hadnt developed this solution yet and they have been working on this solution for years and finally its been rectified. If they could habe released the console with this feature it would have been ideal for gamers and Microsoft themselves but tech just wasnt ready yet.

There has been such a gap that they could have just not bothered or resold or rented/streamed you your games like Sony with a Playsation Now style paid service. However they opted to do it a differnet way and its free, even Sony have come out and said it must have been difficult to do and they dont currently have any plans to change their own approach.

The thing that gets me about Sony's excuse is that they're only making a fuss about the PS3 emulation, which yes is going to be practically impossible thanks to that exotic cell-processor. But that's no excuse for PS2 & PS1 emulation which is much more easily doable by comparison. Hell, you can emulate both of those consoles on the PC right now if you want. If Sony doesn't shape up soon, MS is going to surprisie buttsecks them and FFVII Remake & Shemnue III aren't going to save them... especially since those aren't even exclusives!

I love Playstation, but Sony is so damn frustrating at times.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
As Boogie said in one of his new videos, this isn't the same company that made all those mistakes and shot themselves in the foot from the get go.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
This, along with certain exclusives and mods being confirmed for the Xbox One version of Fallout 4 have swayed me more in the direction of getting an XB1. I'd probably still get a PS4 down the line, but meh. Xbox One is cheaper too(without the Kinect of course.)

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Definitely not the same company from 2 years ago, and that's a good thing. We really need less corporate shills running this industry, the sooner that happens the sooner everybody ends up a winner.
This, along with certain exclusives and mods being confirmed for the Xbox One version of Fallout 4 have swayed me more in the direction of getting an XB1. I'd probably still get a PS4 down the line, but meh. Xbox One is cheaper too(without the Kinect of course.)
Honestly wasn't expecting to come to this point for the current consoles. We were supposed to get a PS4 first, but Sony was really dropping the ball once the success got to their heads and decided to put it all in cruise control. And now that both versions of Fallout 4 for consoles will be identical, well, what's the point.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The feature is already working for some games via the preview program and apparently its already working pretty damn well. So when it finally launches for everyone later in the year and the 100+ games promised for its launch are all working it will be a great plus point for the XB1. Fingers crossed that most the Games for Gold 360 games are also available to download on the XB1 as ive downloaded many of them but not played them as of yet as I dont tend to game downstairs on my 360 as much as in my bedroom on the XB1.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
The feature is already working for some games via the preview program and apparently its already working pretty damn well. So when it finally launches for everyone later in the year and the 100+ games promised for its launch are all working it will be a great plus point for the XB1. Fingers crossed that most the Games for Gold 360 games are also available to download on the XB1 as ive downloaded many of them but not played them as of yet as I dont tend to game downstairs on my 360 as much as in my bedroom on the XB1.
I have to wonder though, just how many of the games will be brick-walled just because some pansy company like Capcom, Konami, or Square-Enix wants to whore every cent they can out of countless HD remasters.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I have to wonder though, just how many of the games will be brick-walled just because some pansy company like Capcom, Konami, or Square-Enix wants to whore every cent they can out of countless HD remasters.

Will have to wait and see on that one, but around 100 confirmed for public launch.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Cool thing is that they won't have to change one bit of code like they did with the 360 backwards compatibility. All they need to do is put it through the approval process. As Dark Drakan said there are already games playable and the look and feel is exactly like the 360 for better or worse. Plus since it's on the Xbox One you still have the other features like "Xbox Record That" and Snap. I have heard that you cannot use the Xbox One Kinect to play 360 Kinect games however. Not that it matters to this crowd :p

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Cool thing is that they won't have to change one bit of code like they did with the 360 backwards compatibility. All they need to do is put it through the approval process. As Dark Drakan said there are already games playable and the look and feel is exactly like the 360 for better or worse. Plus since it's on the Xbox One you still have the other features like "Xbox Record That" and Snap. I have heard that you cannot use the Xbox One Kinect to play 360 Kinect games however. Not that it matters to this crowd :p

I've disconnected my Kinect anyway as I never used it, it was close to speakers and kept picking up sounds on TV as commands.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Love it.
I can only hope that they will allow 360 online purchases onto XB1.
I have Halo: Reach, Fable, and numberous arcade games I'd love to have access to.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Love it.
I can only hope that they will allow 360 online purchases onto XB1.
I have Halo: Reach, Fable, and numberous arcade games I'd love to have access to.

Digital purchases will be transferable too apparently, will be voted on just like retail titles for which will appear.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Can a 360 controller be used with an XB1 too? Mainly cause I'll likely prefer the old 360 pad for some titles, but also cause it'll definitely save me a few good bucks there.
I've disconnected my Kinect anyway as I never used it, it was close to speakers and kept picking up sounds on TV as commands.
Trying to imagine the unfortunate comedy in all that.
Digital purchases will be transferable too apparently, will be voted on just like retail titles for which will appear.
Does that include DLC as well? Cause there's no way I'll be repurchasing any of that, and for some games the DLC doesn't even exist anymore (literally, can't even redownload) such as WWE '13 for example.