• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who's the man in Rose's letter?

R

Robin Hood

Who's the man in Rose's letter?

You know at the end of the story right after you get your wish at the Spire, you get the letter from Rose.
Who is the guy that's looking after her? Is he maybe from Fable 1 or something?
Someone tell me please.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
Re: Who's the man in Rose's letter?

That's uhm... that guy..
Scythe!
the thin, slim guy from Fable 1 and the first Archon from the Old Kingdom, but back then he was known as William (he defeated Jack of Blades, Queen of Blades and Knight of Blades)
Very likely the oldest (and or wisest) guy alive in all of Albion

M

Minorthreat

SimonKalevra;239419 said:
That's uhm... that guy..
Scythe!
the thin, slim guy from Fable 1 and the first Archon from the Old Kingdom, but back then he was known as William (he defeated Jack of Blades, Queen of Blades and Knight of Blades)
Very likely the oldest (and or wisest) guy alive in all of Albion

I throw my support behind this. If you read the lost tales on the xbox site, William Black fits the bill.

Fast7

The Infection/Cure
Reaction score

wait when do you see this person look at her? when your in the dream when you turn young again or what because i don't remember seeing a guy at the end with her?

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Well you get a letter if you choose "love" at the ending.
the letter is from Rose, letting you know she's allright and with a guy that fits Schytes description.
If you pick any other choice you wont get a letter from Rose since shes dead :(

Fast7

The Infection/Cure
Reaction score

oh so it puts you in a video... thats y

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

a video? there's no video about Rose at the end, uhm
idk if that's the answer you were looking for?

Fast7

The Infection/Cure
Reaction score

no it is not, i don't get it what person do you see and how do you see them or does she come find you and then tell you and run away with the guy?

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

No you just get a letter outta no-where
it pops up like any other item and says its from Rose and shes letting you know shes ok and with some creepy guy who seems like a kind person.
so you dont see him (Scythe) he is just described in Rose's letter =)

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

i think its either sythe or jack of blades. my guess is sythe. jack just doesnt make sence. it says he is slim and kinda scary looking, but is actually nice. sythe is slim, jack is average. sythe looks scary, jack wears a mask (a friggin awesome one at that!). sythe is nice, jack is a monster and couldnt fake being nice if his live depended on it. when you first meet him in the arena its obvious he is trying to trick you. so i say its sythe.

Charliee!

Reaction score

Actually, Jack of Blades is just an entity trapped inside the mask, so, apart from the face, he can look pretty much like anything, and not necessarily the version that appears on Fable 1. Also he IS good at convincing people to join him, as he did with Maze, as the Oracle says on Fable TLC.
However, I believe the most likely verion would be Scythe, due to the information provided on the "Tales of Albion" about the Old Kingdom on Fable II's webpage, which shows as probable that he, the first Archon comes back to the world to readjust the future of albion and it's heroes (as he did with Nostro before). That plus the phyisical description brings him to mind first (except for the hooded part, which resembles Jack more).

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Jiin;239421 said:
jack of blades

Jack doesn't really fit the description.

Fast7;239500 said:
wait when do you see this person look at her? when your in the dream when you turn young again or what because i don't remember seeing a guy at the end with her?

Fast7;239515 said:
oh so it puts you in a video... thats y

Fast7;239528 said:
no it is not, i don't get it what person do you see and how do you see them or does she come find you and then tell you and run away with the guy?

You get a letter that explains how rose woke up in the woods and this guy who matches Scythes description is looking after her.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

It could be any of the heros, with the bloodline, including the one from TLC. If you chose the dog, all the heros' family could come back, or not? Just a thought.:unsure:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

My boyfriend thinks it's the Jack of Blades.

I think it's the Hero. :D

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Could someone post the letter?
it would be nice to see exactly what it says, so we can all agree that it's Scythe :D

Dentie

Reaction score

its scythe

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

"Dear Sparrow

I woke up today in such a peculiar place. It's like a great big forest, with lots and lots of trees that go on forever. I was scared at first because I couldn't find you, but there's someone here who says he knows us, knows our family. He told me his name, but I keep forgetting it. Weird. I think he's a king or something. He's thin and wears a hood and looks scary, but he's nice and I feel safe with him here. I hope your okay, Little Sparrow. Somehow I know that its going to be alrightm and we'll be together again one day. He promised me.

Love
Rose"

a thin guy who looks like some sort of a king with a name you keep forgetting...
Scythe

nonexistent92

Reaction score

Plus the fact that she cant remember his name could be due to the fact that scythe has more than one name (William Black, Archon, Scythe)

But even if Im wrong about that, I definately think that the person is scythe, I dont really see how any of those clues point to Jack. besides in the original, Scythe looked ten times scarier than Jack

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

True.
Why would it even be Jack? the guys rotten to the core! theres no way he would take care of Rose in a way she would feel safe.
also.. Jack is dead, lol :D