• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

USB Hacks

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
This was an old skill of mine before I got my Pc and started modding. Now that there will be a true 360 version of TLC I'll be able to do plenty of things with the gamesaves. Full stats would be boring but say full will lines with blue hair would be cool. Lots of stuff I could do here, even a save file to play through the game as Lady Grey.

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
even a save file to play through the game as Lady Grey.
Not possible without actual modding.

Save hacking by itself can only go so far. In a time before time, games were modded and saves were made. These saves would retain the data and could be distributed without the modifications. The community that existed back then was overwhelmed with the demand for saves, and this ultimately led to the end of the time before time, as that community was consumed by its own self-indulgent, lecherous members and a better, mod-oriented anti-save distribution community was birthed from it that people have worked for years to maintain and preserve.

What am I saying? If you start spitting out saves, I'll tear you limb from limb and your remains will never be found. Why? Because I'm going to swallow every last bit.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Not possible without actual modding.

Save hacking by itself can only go so far. In a time before time, games were modded and saves were made. These saves would retain the data and could be distributed without the modifications. The community that existed back then was overwhelmed with the demand for saves, and this ultimately led to the end of the time before time, as that community was consumed by its own self-indulgent, lecherous members and a better, mod-oriented anti-save distribution community was birthed from it that people have worked for years to maintain and preserve.

What am I saying? If you start spitting out saves, I'll tear you limb from limb and your remains will never be found. Why? Because I'm going to swallow every last bit.
Aslong as the data is original to the game you can do pretty much anything with it. I used to make custom mansions and play as Daedra on Oblivion and it worked on the 360 just fine. Actually there is alot you can do aslong as it isn't custom content otherwise it would crash unless your Xbox is jail broken. First thing I'm doing is deleting the guard that stops you from entering Bowerstone North.

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
Aslong as the data is original to the game you can do pretty much anything with it. I used to make custom mansions and play as Daedra on Oblivion and it worked on the 360 just fine. Actually there is alot you can do aslong as it isn't custom content otherwise it would crash unless your Xbox is jail broken. First thing I'm doing is deleting the guard that stops you from entering Bowerstone North.
Fable: TLC =/= Oblivion. Aside from the save formats being very different, you also have how the games use the data differently. To play as Lady Grey, you could, possibly, swap the instance of CREATURE_HERO with that of Lady Grey's. However, this breaks a lot of things. In Oblivion, characters were more or less interchangeable. In Fable TLC, characters have different properties based on what definitions they had in the binaries. Lady Grey's doesn't have inventories, so all items = gone. That's a game breaker all by itself. Then there's the matter of how NPCs aren't meant to be played by the player, animations become an issue. You cannot tweak the CAppearanceDef in a save hack, you can swap them but that does not suffice.

Tsuyu of these forums has played around with such things before and can tell you that there's a lot more to it than you think.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Fable: TLC =/= Oblivion. Aside from the save formats being very different, you also have how the games use the data differently. To play as Lady Grey, you could, possibly, swap the instance of CREATURE_HERO with that of Lady Grey's. However, this breaks a lot of things. In Oblivion, characters were more or less interchangeable. In Fable TLC, characters have different properties based on what definitions they had in the binaries. Lady Grey's doesn't have inventories, so all items = gone. That's a game breaker all by itself. Then there's the matter of how NPCs aren't meant to be played by the player, animations become an issue. You cannot tweak the CAppearanceDef in a save hack, you can swap them but that does not suffice.

Tsuyu of these forums has played around with such things before and can tell you that there's a lot more to it than you think.
I could just swap the Id's for MESH_HERO, unequip clothing and hairstyles. Animations would be just fine.

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what's a bigger burden: knowing things, or the difficulty conveying this knowledge to people like you.

Your brilliant plan wouldn't work. Besides the fact that which mesh used for a creature is not saved in the game save but is instead read from the binaries (requires modding), let's just pretend that it wasn't an obstacle. Unless you mean swapping the ID numbers in the actual graphics.big archive, which is also impossible to do with a save hack, and constitutes modding, it's also extremely bad form.

Regardless, you would end up with this. That's an animation problem.

I don't want to be that one prick who keeps going around saying "toldya so" or "I'm smarter than you" because that's not my style. It really would make my day if people would just say "oh, okay" instead of trying to be all clever.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I'm not sure what's a bigger burden: knowing things, or the difficulty conveying this knowledge to people like you.

Your brilliant plan wouldn't work. Besides the fact that which mesh used for a creature is not saved in the game save but is instead read from the binaries (requires modding), let's just pretend that it wasn't an obstacle. Unless you mean swapping the ID numbers in the actual graphics.big archive, which is also impossible to do with a save hack, and constitutes modding, it's also extremely bad form.

Regardless, you would end up with this. That's an animation problem.

I don't want to be that one prick who keeps going around saying "toldya so" or "I'm smarter than you" because that's not my style. It really would make my day if people would just say "oh, okay" instead of trying to be all clever.
I suppose it would be much harder then hacking Oblivion, and I haven't even considered their new save system and if they actually did anything to the game besides giving it an HD coat. I'm absolutely sure that if it is data from the original game disc I can utilize it.

Jack Is Back

Reaction score

I mod Fable tlc a lot if the game uses the same type of data it did in the lost chapters than it could be possible but there would be multiple issues with it as in clipping through the dress her hands not actually touching the weapons but it would be possible it would be harder than say making yourself jack of blades because you fight him he is easier to find then lady grey oh yea i completely missed the fact that this is on xbox but it's still possible.....

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
I mod Fable tlc a lot if the game uses the same type of data it did in the lost chapters than it could be possible but there would be multiple issues with it as in clipping through the dress her hands not actually touching the weapons but it would be possible it would be harder than say making yourself jack of blades because you fight him he is easier to find then lady grey oh yea i completely missed the fact that this is on xbox but it's still possible.....
Welcome to the forums. If you are trying to drive me crazy, you are doing a good job and you'll fit right in.