• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[UPDATE] Sony's PSP2 Revealed, Price Concern, Pics and Videos.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
psp2.png

Sony has finally unveiled the long awaited successor to the popular PSP, however it is currently codenamed the NGP (Next Generation Portable) and will be sharing a near identical cosmetic design to the PSP-Slim models. The new device will feature a 5-inch OLED touch-screen (960x544), Dual-Analog sticks, Six-Axis motion control, 3G + Wifi & GPS, Front & Rear Touchpads, microphone, front & rear cameras, and a new media for games (no longer supporting the UMDs of old).​
As for the graphics, the PSP2 is apparently on par with the Playstation 3 in the palm of your hands. Games that were demoed at Sony's Japan meeting were Uncharted, Killzone, LittleBIGPlanet, Resistance, WipeOut, and more. However, with all the technology and features crammed into this tiny monster, one has to really wonder exactly how expensive this little device will run for come release this holiday season.​
PROMOTIONAL VIDEO (this one is pretty stupid)​
---------------------------------​

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Sadly, it seems just like a miniature PS3; an expensive gaming platform with lots of juice and features, but no worthwhile games. I'm no portable gamer, my last handheld was a GameBoy Colour to play Pokehmans on, but from what I've seen I'd get a Nintendo DS any day over this thing.

The fact that they once again bringing up KillZone, the infamous "Halo-killer that couldn't" is not a good sign...

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
UPDATE.

Game Informer received an update on the remaining issue of the PSP2 regarding the price of the device, considering it's jam packed with expensive and powerful technology many are afraid it will be way too expensive. GI asked Shu Yoshida (SCE Pres.) if the price would be a serious problem and Yoshida responded that while they're not ready to reveal the price point.. he jokingly told them it would not cost $600 like the PS3 originally did. Whatever the price tag will be, I doubt many will flock to it if it is sitting over $300 not to mention the added on price of the 3G service.​

Sadly, it seems just like a miniature PS3; an expensive gaming platform with lots of juice and features, but no worthwhile games. I'm no portable gamer, my last handheld was a GameBoy Colour to play Pokehmans on, but from what I've seen I'd get a Nintendo DS any day over this thing.

The fact that they once again bringing up KillZone, the infamous "Halo-killer that couldn't" is not a good sign...

Personally I think it's a little too early to judge what the PSP2 will have to offer for it's gaming library, many gaming platforms in the past have had unimpressive launch lineups before they eventually grew themselves an impressive library of games later down the road. Hopefully though they don't put too much focus on the platform's major power and gimmicky controls, consequently overlooking fun gameplay.

On a related note, Sony did release the list of developers who will be making games for the PSP2 so far:

Japan
Acquire Corp.
Alvion Inc.
AQ Interactive Inc.
Arc System Works Co. Ltd.
Arika Co. Ltd.
Artdink Corporation
Ascii Media Works Inc.
Capcom Co. Ltd.
Chun Soft Co. Letd.
Codemasters Software Company Limited
Crafts & Meister Co. Ltd.
CyberConnect2 Co. Ltd
D3 Publisher Inc.
Dimps Corporation
Edia Co. Ltd.
Enterbrain Inc.
From Software Inc.
Gameloft K.K.
Genki Co. Ltd.
Grasshopper Manufacture Inc.
GungHo Online Entertainment Inc.
Gust Co. Ltd.
Hamster Corporation
Hudson Soft Co. Ltd.
Idea Factory Co. Ltd.
Index Corporation (Atlus)
Irem Software Engineering Inc.
Kadokawa Games Ltd.
Kadokawa Shoten Publishing Co. Ltd.
Konami Digital Entertainment Co. Ltd.
Level-5 Inc.
Marvelous Entertainment Inc.
Media5 Corporation
Namco Bandai Games Inc.
Nihon Falcom Corporation
Nippon Ichi Software Inc.
Nowproduction Co. Ltd.
Q Entertainment Inc.
Sega Corporation
SNK Playmore Corporation
Spike Co. Ltd.
Square Enix Co. Ltd.
SystemSoft Alpha Corp.
Tecmo Koei Games Co. Ltd.
TOMY Company Ltd.
TOSE Co. Ltd.
Ubisoft K.K.
Yuke's Co. Ltd.

North America
Activision Inc.
Capybara Games
Demiurge Studios
Epic Games Inc.
Far Sight Studios
Frima
High Voltage Software
Kung Fu Factory
Paramount Digital Entertainment
PopCap Games
Powerhead Games
Trendy Entertainment
Ubisoft
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
2K Games
2K Sports

Europe/PAL
Avalanche Studios
Climax Studios Ltd.
Codemasters Software Company Ltd.
Eurocom Developments Ltd.
Eutechnyx Ltd.
Exient Ltd.
Firemint PTY Ltd.
Gameloft SA
Gusto Games Ltd.
Home Entertainment Suppliers PTY Ltd.
Impromptu Software Ltd.
Rebellion
Rockstar Games
Sidhe Interactive
Sumo Digital Ltd.
Team 17 Software Ltd.
Ubisoft Entertainment SA
Zen Studios Ltd.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
This thing is easily going to be $500.

:|

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
For me, the most fun thing on the PSP was hacking it. Not that I did any actual hacking, but downloading custom firmwares, emulators, etc, was surprisingly rewarding. If I can still do that on this, I may consider getting it.

But probs not.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Personally I think it's a little too early to judge what the PSP2 will have to offer for it's gaming library

Of course. But it is still my initial reaction and I stand by it. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
For me, the most fun thing on the PSP was hacking it. Not that I did any actual hacking, but downloading custom firmwares, emulators, etc, was surprisingly rewarding. If I can still do that on this, I may consider getting it.

But probs not.

Ditto, my PSP-Slim was a very boring and somewhat useless device prior to hacking it, there really should be no question as to whether the PSP2 will be jailbroken or not as it most likely will be (considering the PS3 was recently jailbroken). Though I'm curious if this new handheld will have built-in compatibility with PS2 games..

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Ditto, my PSP-Slim was a very boring and somewhat useless device prior to hacking it, there really should be no question as to whether the PSP2 will be jailbroken or not as it most likely will be (considering the PS3 was recently jailbroken). Though I'm curious if this new handheld will have built-in compatibility with PS2 games..

The PS3 may have been recently jail broken but as a result more than a quarter of them are bricking.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Looking really awesome so far, hopefully more info will be released concerning hardware and software. Keep up the good work Kami!