• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[UPDATE] Skyrim: New Details from OXM

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
skyrimarcher.png

First on the scene before the inevitable influx of remaining gaming press releases; OXM has detailed some new information with a preview in their latest magazine issue. Getting right into it: If you steal a horse, that horse will not be loyal and will run away when you dismount. Necromancers will be able to resurrect chickens and harvest their eggs for profit. Spriggans can play possum when you think you've killed them and will heal themselves.

If you don't kill him, a town guard will stop you at the town gate and make you pay a fine for the horse or any goods you stole (assuming you were witnessed committing such crime). Whenever you level up, you will receive 10 points to spend on Magicka, Health, or Stamina. When the author of the preview was fighting a random trio of bandits, one of them tried to run away after the first two were killed. Bandits will also knock over boulders from above onto you if given the opportunity. Necromancers also possess the ability to summon warriors (from the dead perhaps) to aid them in battle, such as Khajiit warriors.

There were also 11 new screenshots in the preview, but scans of the magazine haven't been uploaded. When the magazines scans emerge or the new screenshots are posted by the press, I will update this thread accordingly.

Source,
NeoGAF

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Some interesting little bits of information there, Bethesda know how to tease its fans with info.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
It's not all 11 of them and the quality is crap, but better than none. Here's 9 of the released screens from the magazine taken with a camera. If the other 2 pop up, then I'll throw them in here as well.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Is that an enchanted bow? Looks pretty epic. Also has anyone else heard of this rumor where your spouse can go with you on adventures like a companion? I just want to know if there's some truth to that.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Is that an enchanted bow? Looks pretty epic. Also has anyone else heard of this rumor where your spouse can go with you on adventures like a companion? I just want to know if there's some truth to that.

Yeah, you can. It was confirmed by one of the devs that you can take your spouse on adventures with you and they'll act as a fully fledged companion.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah, you can. It was confirmed by one of the devs that you can take your spouse on adventures with you and they'll act as a fully fledged companion.

Im going to marry the first warrior queen I see......

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sounds pretty interesting, if done right it could help make a decent bond between characters.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Sounds pretty interesting, if done right it could help make a decent bond between characters.

I agree, I remember getting pretty bummed when my companions and dog died in Fallout 3 from Raider & Super Mutant ambushes. Seeing one's own wife torn apart by a dragon like a ragdoll should spark some emotional reactions of various kinds. .. I expect to have many wives in my journey..