• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[UPDATE] Skyrim: More Info & Confirmations

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
argonian.png

Yep, the news just keeps on coming.. I don't know if I'll be able to keep up. Anyway, thanks to Quakecon the floodgates have been opened up and as a result have released more confirmations. For starters, Spell Making/Crafting is no longer in the game for Mages, you can kill bees and harvest them, and NPCs can stone rocks at you from afar if they hate you.​

More in the list below:​

- Some spells can be learned from reading spell tomes, while others can be purchased from Merchants.​
- There are multiple ways to complete every quest.​
- Pickpocket skill allows for better role-playing and realistic thievery.​
- In addition to Alchemy ingredients there are also Reagents.​
- Hand to Hand attacks have much improved gravity and physicality.​
- More realistic alchemy labs​
- You can choose not to spend perk points each level, and hold onto them instead.​
- You can add laugh lines to your character in Character Creator.​
- Aurora Borealis is confirmed.​
- You can have animal companions.​
- Killable bees and insects confirmed (you can harvest bees from beehives).​
- Bosmer "Animal Allies" Racial Ability confirmed.​
- Glow Worms confirmed.​
- Bosmer are immune to most types of poison.​
- Perks do not stop at level 50.​
- Fast Travel costs money.​
- There are six different stages to crafting items. The first two are: Refining Crude Ore and Assembling Materials.​
- You can persuade various random NPCs to accompany you and they become full fleshed out, interesting companions.​
- Dozens and dozens of sliders in Character Creator.​

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
It just gets better everyday, but I wonder if you can have an animal and a human companion like in Fallout? Great find, as usual keep up the great work ;)

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
It just gets better everyday, but I wonder if you can have an animal and a human companion like in Fallout? Great find, as usual keep up the great work ;)

Thanks, and I would imagine you would be able to... but I'm guessing they'll be having a follower cap as well of just 1 Humanoid Companion & 1 Animal Companion to keep a proper balance in the game.

Reaction score
I'm sh*ting my pants in excitement here, the wait is killing me...just a few more months now.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
- Some spells can be learned from reading spell tomes, while others can be purchased from Merchants.​
- There are multiple ways to complete every quest.​
- Pickpocket skill allows for better role-playing and realistic thievery.​
- In addition to Alchemy ingredients there are also Reagents.​
- Hand to Hand attacks have much improved gravity and physicality.​
- More realistic alchemy labs​
- You can choose not to spend perk points each level, and hold onto them instead.​
- You can add laugh lines to your character in Character Creator.​
- Aurora Borealis is confirmed.​
- You can have animal companions.​
- Killable bees and insects confirmed (you can harvest bees from beehives).​
- Bosmer "Animal Allies" Racial Ability confirmed.​
- Glow Worms confirmed.​
- Bosmer are immune to most types of poison.​
- Perks do not stop at level 50.​
- Fast Travel costs money.​
- There are six different stages to crafting items. The first two are: Refining Crude Ore and Assembling Materials.​
- You can persuade various random NPCs to accompany you and they become full fleshed out, interesting companions.​
- Dozens and dozens of sliders in Character Creator.​
-kinda thought so
-sweet, moral choises?
-ok w/e never really picked any ones poket in the first place
-ok w/e never really got in to alchemy in the first place
-sweet always liked to punch out the local wildlife in oblivion
-see point no.4
-sweet
-ok w/e
-holy **** cool
-lol ok...
-was it not always there?
-wat?
-ok w/e
-sweet
-dam
-sweet
-sweet
-crap

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
UPDATE

More Confirmations from Pete Hines' Twitter account:

- You cannot kill children.
- You do not need to sleep in bed to level-up.
- The game supports full subtitles as usual.
- You can still move & pickup objects like in Oblivion/Fallout, but you have to hold down the button instead of clicking.
- Health, Magicka, and Stamina all regenerate over time. As such, Health potions are used to keep you from dying in battle as health regenerates outside of combat.
- When dual-wielding blades, you can only block OR attack, you cannot do both at the same time.
- NPCs will also dual-wield blades and spells just like the player.
- You get a bonus for being well-rested (ala Fallout 3)
- Australian pre-order bonus is not coming to U.S.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
i'm still waiting for them to say that you can insight a race riot. something about ES society always bothered me and i just realized that it's the diverse 10ish species living in civilized harmony. make an orc, kill a few dark elves, then watch the two races start clobbering each other in the streets.
how could you not add that feature?

it's also a real bummer that you can't take a dagger to a 7 year old. or get them to follow you with the companion feature and be branded as a pedophile.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
This game blows.

Well, fortunately the rest of it appears to be awesome so that might make up for what I'm guessing must be an oversight that's too late to fix.

Fear not John. At least now we know what the first mod created for this game will be.

i'm still waiting for them to say that you can insight a race riot. something about ES society always bothered me and i just realized that it's the diverse 10ish species living in civilized harmony. make an orc, kill a few dark elves, then watch the two races start clobbering each other in the streets.
how could you not add that feature?

it's also a real bummer that you can't take a dagger to a 7 year old. or get them to follow you with the companion feature and be branded as a pedophile.

Did you not play Morrowind? Pretty much every clan hated every other clan.