• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[Update] Skyrim: 1.6 Patch Introduces Mounted Combat

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
skyrimhorsecombat.jpg

Yep, more free content for Skyrim. This time in the form of an extension to an already existing feature, that being horse-mounted combat. Not much detail has been revealed on it yet other than you'll be allowed to perform both melee & ranged combat while riding your horse. The patch will as well fix a good chunk of bugs and provide additional optimization. Bethesda also mentioned that they are hard at work on the upcoming DLC "Dawnguard" and will reveal some information soon.​
The new 1.6 patch will be available for consoles at a later unspecified date, but those on the PC can try out the beta right now through Steam (you know the drill). For the full list of changes in the patch, click the logo below.​
Source,

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
As soon as I finish my course I'm taking a month to finish skyrim and A.C. brotherhood, saddens me that I've had skyrim so long but F.A. time to play it lol I'l have alot of patchs to install whenever I do get around to it, so hopefully I wont encounter any bugs.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Here's a video showing off the new feature, it's not the best of demonstrations, but ya get the idea.

As soon as I finish my course I'm taking a month to finish skyrim and A.C. brotherhood, saddens me that I've had skyrim so long but F.A. time to play it lol I'l have alot of patchs to install whenever I do get around to it, so hopefully I wont encounter any bugs.

They fixed a hell of a lot of stuff by now in the game and the optimizations are a delight, so I'm sure you'll be okay man.

Reaction score
Hmmm mounted combat, should come in handy for my future Mongol inspired ashlander dunmer nomad character.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
My shadowmare died :(
Its good that they polished the ranged kill cams though.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Sounds good, might be released by the time I get around to playing it again. Will feel like a new game with all these patches adding new features coming in between me playing it.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
The nirnroot glowing thing was annoying me, actually, so I'm glad the patch will fix that.

Oh yeah, and horsey-fighty-goodness. About ruddy time

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
here is another vid for ****s and giggles
cool range kill @ 1:28

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
1.6 Patch is now available for Xbox 360, no date for PC & PS3 yet. Well.. that's a first.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
1.6 Patch is now available for Xbox 360, no date for PC & PS3 yet. Well.. that's a first.

...Mmmmmmmmmmmgoooooooooooooooooooooooooood...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Damn I need to get back into Skyrim now and in middle of moving house.

Reaction score
Hmm going to have to finish L.A Noire for the 3rd time (man I've had such a hard on for that game lately) before even considering playing Skyrim again. Also I need to buy Assassins Creed: Revelations from Sainsbury's while it's still on offer (£14.99,) so I'll probably have prior engagements with that too before starting another taking another epic journey through the throat of the world.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Mounted combat makes me sad. It's great and all but I'm solely a mage so it's utterly pointless for me.

Plus my horse got killed by constantly-respawning Elder Dragons outside the College of Winterhold. Every time I fast-travel to that place, an Elder Dragon pops up and has a go. I don't mind because it takes me three fireballs and he's dead...it's just annoying that he keeps eating my horses.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
My horses keep biting the dust too, Angel. I'm currently on Buttercup VII.

So... to be honest: the mounted combat feels so basic and not at all exciting but meh.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
So... to be honest: the mounted combat feels so basic and not at all exciting but meh.

Its there now at least and they could improve it with further animations and attacks in the future (maybe even the much loved Horse Armour :w00t:) :troll: . I dont even think ive been on a horse in the game properly yet. :lol:

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Its there now at least and they could improve it with further animations and attacks in the future (maybe even the much loved Horse Armour :w00t:) :troll: . I dont even think ive been on a horse in the game properly yet. :lol:

The archery is cool, I'll give 'em that. But melee just feels so... clunky, and I was saddened that you couldn't use dual blades, the sword in your right hand just swings over to the left. Hopefully they will improve the animations, and add some mounted combat for magic attacks.