• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[Update] Skyrim: 1.4 Patch Details, Creation Kit Release Info.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
skyrimdoor.png

Bethesda has finally released the changelog for the 1.4 patch of Skyrim, and much to everyone's delight, the company has kept their word with fixes for the many broken quest issues. Alongside that are the usual performance optimization tweaks, crash fixes, and the much talked about PS3 lag issue. The patch is currently in testing mode on all 3 platforms and will be shipped out for a targeted release of next week.
Also released is some info on the release for the PC's Creation Kit. The Kit will be releasing near the end of this month, it is currently undergoing testing by Bethesda, Valve, and various modders from other communities.

You can view the entire list of fixes of the 1.4 patch by clicking here.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Valve, huh? I wonder how they came to test modding software for Bethesda. Or...wait, they own Steam don't they? That could be the reason. Wanting to ensure credibility as a distributor and whatnot.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Valve, huh? I wonder how they came to test modding software for Bethesda. Or...wait, they own Steam don't they? That could be the reason. Wanting to ensure credibility as a distributor and whatnot.

Yep, Valve is doing the testing for Steam and Steam Workshop.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Well why would someone trust Bethesda for any kind of QA?

Their games are so massive that it shouldn't be all that surprising the amount of issues.

I will say this about Bethesda, despite their track record of buggy games upon release, they do make it up by patching the absolute hell out of them. There's a lot of developers one cannot say the same for that release glitch-filled products.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Their games are so massive that it shouldn't be all that surprising the amount of issues.

I will say this about Bethesda, despite their track record of buggy games upon release, they do make it up by patching the absolute hell out of them. There's a lot of developers one cannot say the same for that release glitch-filled products.

Agreed, with all the games of theirs ive played and the hundreds and hundreds of hours ive put into them ive only encountered a major bug a couple of times. I havent had any major ones in Fallout 3 or Skyrim and only major one I had in Oblivion was the patch turning my grass rainbow coloured and putting compass images in it and deleting my saves.

Some issues can be expected and they usually ask the community to report problems. They create huge patches instead of releasing 10 patches each fixing a couple of issues they release a handful of large patches that address a lot of issues and usually have ongoing support for their titles.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Just a minor update here:

Bethesda said:
We really appreciate the feedback from our Steam Beta. We anticipate the 1.4 update going live this week for all on the PC and being sent to the console manufacturers. The Creation Kit won’t be far behind.

Source,
Bethesda Blog

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Nice to see that both the patch and creation kit will be here very soon.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Nice to see that both the patch and creation kit will be here very soon.

Yeah, I'm also glad they did this beta patch idea with PC gamers, thanks to them Bethesda was able to fix things that the 1.4 patch had broken such as loud sound and looping NPC dialogue before releasing it.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Another update. The 1.4 patch is now available on Steam and the performance increase and fixes are utterly fantastic.

Console players:
Bethesda said:
As an update to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 users, we’re submitting 1.4 to the console manufacturers this week. When these updates are available, we’ll let everyone know.

Source,
Bethesda Blog

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Another update. The 1.4 patch is now available on Steam and the performance increase and fixes are utterly fantastic.

Console players:

Source,
Bethesda Blog

Glad to hear its really improved performance on PC and fixed a lot, hope the console patch helps in the same way.