• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Owning Property in Fable 2

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Owning Property in Fable 2

More info from the Development Blog at Lion head reveals info about Owning property in Fable 2

Buying property in Fable2 works like this: the player is able to buy any recognisable structure from a hut to a castle. Owning each type of structure brings certain benefits, for example a house can be rented out or you can move your family or friends in there - shops can supply extra revenue for you as you'll get cut of their profits, owning civic buildings such as churches and cathedrals will increase your renown and if you own a dungeon you can harvest items from them. In addition to this any structure can have small scripts and stories attached to it. So, and this is only an example and not a current in game storyline, if you owned a shop you might be able to sell the heads of Hobbes that you have killed.
Also ownership changes who you are in the world the more property you acquire, the more of a nobleman you become, if you were able to own enough property (which will be a lot) you end up as the
e_v_i_l.gif
emperor of Albion and have domination over all .

Fable 2 Development

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Owning Property in Fable 2

Not alot there that we didn't already know, but there were some interesting facts....

Nice Find :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Some interesting quotes, +Rep.

C

cometojames

do reakon that when your are emporere it will give u special orthoritis?

D

Darg

w00t! +rep for digging that up. It makes me even more excited for the game... this time it better not be a whole load of empty promises or I'm really screwed!

H

Healthyhero1

yea im hopeing that being King of albion would give you some sort of right to command some of the soldiers around town

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Healthyhero1;129307 said:
yea im hopeing that being King of albion would give you some sort of right to command some of the soldiers around town

Your meant to be the hero and need no help dealing with enemies so i wouldnt have thought that would happen.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yeah, but still-- even if you don't need them, it's fun to run around with your fifty guards. Especially when you run into your subjects.

"Nice, day, isn't it?"

"Y-y-yessir"

"Ah, I see you are observing my guards. Are they not impressive?"

"Y-y-yessir"

"You really think so?"

"Y-y-yessir"

"Guards, he's boring me. Off with his head."

"GAAAAH!" [runs back into house]

[Laughing emperor.] "Not boring anymore, now is he?"

[Guards pause in kicking down door] "Does that mean you don't want him dead?"

"No, go ahead, I want top buy his house."

[Guards resume kicking down door]

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;129315 said:
Yeah, but still-- even if you don't need them, it's fun to run around with your fifty guards. Especially when you run into your subjects.

"Nice, day, isn't it?"

"Y-y-yessir"

"Y-y-yessir"

"You really think so?"

"Y-y-yessir"

Takes the fun away from me lopping off their heads personally then, aint no-one stealing my kills. :devil:

H

Hexadecimal

Walker;129315 said:

"Nice, day, isn't it?"

"Y-y-yessir"

"Y-y-yessir"

"You really think so?"

"Y-y-yessir"

no... I don't like the idea of having hired goons do my dirty work... that makes it sound like all you need to be a hero is money... that's not right... and my subjects find ME impressive... I don't need fancy guards... but if you do that's cool I guess... =]

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yes, but we superficially good guys need to have some scapegoats for a slaughter. [grin]

"So sorry that my guards committed such horrible crimes. Allow me to hang a few to placate you all." [guards revolt, not wanting to die, Walker kills them all, is hailed as a savior by his people for the ten minutes before he hires new guards]

Because I really don't like slaughtering my people when I'm playing as a neutral. Too many evil points. If I can pay someone else to do it then I can get all the benefits (buy their houses, marry their wives, steal their money) without the evil points.

Ishrin

Oakvale Drunkard
Reaction score

Well would anyone like to play as a homeless hero? I really like the "Wanderer" title.

H

Hexadecimal

Walker;129329 said:
Because I really don't like slaughtering my people when I'm playing as a neutral. Too many evil points. If I can pay someone else to do it then I can get all the benefits (buy their houses, marry their wives, steal their money) without the evil points.

where did you get the idea that if you pay someone to do something evil you would get no evil points? o_O

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Because in Fable 1 and TLC if you pay someone to kill people you get no evil points. Well, aside from the evil points you got from hitting the person to get the bodyguard(s) to attack. Unless I'm mistaken, at least.

H

Hexadecimal

Walker;129378 said:
Because in Fable 1 and TLC if you pay someone to kill people you get no evil points. Well, aside from the evil points you got from hitting the person to get the bodyguard(s) to attack. Unless I'm mistaken, at least.

you're not paying them to attack people, you're paying them to be your bodyguards... that includes defending you in a fight, and as soon as you hit someone, that person lights up as a hostile character... paying someone to defend you from harm isn't really the same as giving someone money to go and "commit horrible crimes" as you put it o_O

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Ah... yeah, of course. There's big difference between paying someone to defend a big, heavily armed and well-trained fighter against unarmed shopkeepers and laborers with lethal force, after he decides to punch said civilians; and having a big, rich guy paying somebody to kill whoever he wants. You're right, of course.

H

Hexadecimal

Walker;129437 said:
Ah... yeah, of course. There's big difference between paying someone to defend a big, heavily armed and well-trained fighter against unarmed shopkeepers and laborers with lethal force, after he decides to punch said civilians; and having a big, rich guy paying somebody to kill whoever he wants. You're right, of course.

thank you :whistle:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Welcome. [GRIN]

Ishrin

Oakvale Drunkard
Reaction score

*Subliminal message* Being a homeless hero, makes you the greatest of all hero's.