• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Man has Sex with Underage Girl after Getting Married in Runescape, Gets Arrested.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
(Click the image for his real identity)​

Looks like somebody got their hands caught in the cookie jar, shame on you Mr. Phillips. According to the Detroit News, a man by the name of John W. Phillips in Massachusetts, was charged with 11 felonies and if convicted could serve up to 20 years behind bars. It was reported that Mr. Phillips doesn't even have a criminal record at all and that his only source of income is "selling Magic: The Gathering game cards."​
The two met in 2010 on Runescape where they had chatted and eventually married each other in the game, Phillips then failed to mail her a cell phone and instead went on to deliver it to her in person successfully. After meeting up, Phillips and the 13-year old girl had sex at an Eastpointe motel, her house, and even in his candy van. The mother of the girl works multiple jobs and was away from the home for extended periods of time, but she eventually found out after digging through her daughter's text messages (of the phone she never bought her) and notified the police. Phillips of course, did not want to be captured and even went as far as to flee upstate and alter his appearance; cutting his hair, beard, and even dying it ... he wasn't successful.​
Phillips is currently waiting for a pretrial hearing on Thursday.​

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
This is one of those things where I'm not entirely sure how to react because I feel many things at once.

Lets go with disgusted.
Yeah, that works.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I'm more shocked that it was consensual. 13 year old girls should not want to have sex with creepy old men.

And I don't know how I feel about the mum going through the text messages.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
I'm more shocked that it was consensual. 13 year old girls should not want to have sex with creepy old men.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I just saw "candy van" and lol'd. Any 13 year old who doesn't think "paedophile" when they see that needs some srs intarwebz educating.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
1255605321_shocked.gif

My face, pretty much.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks this is fake? Theres just too much fail.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

In this case I'm not bothered by it, seeing as the phone was given to the daughter by the dirty old man. The mother came home and found a strange phone that she never saw before and naturally dug through the messages of it, so I feel it's completely understandable.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Part of the fun of being a parent is spying on your kids anyway. I regularly go through Jessica's "secret" diary - it's lulz...she writes some crap in there.

On a more serious note, the mother did the right thing - 13 is still a child, even if the girl thinks she's some big bad grown-up (like a lot of teenagers seem to), and having some secret phone which no one the mother knew had given to her is a no-no in my book and doesn't warrant being treated with respect to privacy. If my kid came home with some random phone I'd never seen before I'd definitely go through it before dropping it off to the police station and grounding her for about thirty years or so.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Part of the fun of being a parent is spying on your kids anyway. I regularly go through Jessica's "secret" diary - it's lulz...she writes some crap in there.

TELL ME MORE.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
It's stupid stuff like "I think so and so likes me. My friend whatshername told me he likes me and he pulled my hair at playtime so he likes me. But I like someone else." Boring, tedious crap like that. When she gets to teenage years: that's when the good stuff will roll in. And the stuff I can punish her for :D

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Bah, just hittin' her before the hair does.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
I'm gonna take a stab in the dark at who the girl is...

jessi-slaughter.jpg