• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Killing whisper in the arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deathbybacon

Killing whisper in the arena

SO right now im fighting at the arena, the part were it

kill whisper or let her live

So what should i do?

H

Hexadecimal

Re: Killing whisper at arena?

... if you want her to live you should spare her... and if you want her to die you should kill her...

the spoiler tag probably isn't really neccessary considering the title of the thread :lol:

D

deathbybacon

Hexadecimal;92909 said:
... if you want her to live you should spare her... and if you want her to die you should kill her...

the spoiler tag probably isn't really neccessary considering the title of the thread :lol:

Yeah..i saw the title and basically hit my heaad irl for being so stupid o_O

but what are the benefits of killing her or letting her live? and what of the consequences?

G

Gollak_Khal

Well if your Evil and you kill her Thunder gets extra mad at you. I you dont kill her she doesnt die and if you are playing TLC she meets you later to say she is going back to her home land.

H

Hexadecimal

deathbybacon;92910 said:
Yeah..i saw the title and basically hit my heaad irl for being so stupid o_O

but what are the benefits of killing her or letting her live? and what of the consequences?

oh, you're not stupid... just silly :p
if anyone comes to a thread about killing whisper and is shocked and horrified to find us talking about killing whisper, they should invest in glasses :lol:

anyhoo...
well, it doesn't really change that much...
if you kill her, Thunder will ***** and moan about you killing his sister when you interact with him...
if you leave her alive, you get a dialogue with her afterwards if you go find her in... I think it's Oakvale, but I could be wrong...
obviously you get points based on alignment if you act one way or the other...
other than that it doesn't effect anything one way or another, unfortunately... so I would just do whatever it is you feel better about doing...

D

deathbybacon

So basically shes of no importance? Well i made my choic.e..time to go kill that ***** :D

H

Hexadecimal

deathbybacon;92918 said:
So basically shes of no importance? Well i made my choic.e..time to go kill that ***** :D

good man :devil:
I got so sick of her calling me "farm boy" all the time :getlost:
in a later game, you may want to spare her, just for the sake of getting the extra dialogue and shutting Thunder up, but yeah, she really is inconsequential, which was kind of a disappointment...

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Kill kill kill kill kill kill kill...sorry, got over excited there. Put it this way - she's been rude to you from day one and is a crappy character with an ego problem. Thunder is still gonna dislike you no matter whether you kill her or not, so get on his nerves by slitting her throat and enjoy the evilness....mmm...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

If you want to kill her, but don't want the evil points from it. Lure her towards the weapons that pop up from the ground. Just lock onto her, and stand behind it and she'll keep Rushing into the blades and hurting herself.
Eventually, she'll die, and you won't get evil points.
But if you want to be a goody good, don't kill her. Walk away. You don't get the money, but you should be able to find one of the easy money making guides somewhere on this site to help you out. :D

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

You mean... Whisper.. DIES!? :'(

*sniff*

G

Gollak_Khal

droded;92970 said:
You mean... Whisper.. DIES!? :'(

*sniff*

LOL :D

Man I always hated Whisper I was so glad when they gave me the chance to kill her.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

You are some homicidal little people! How could you kill poor little Whisper? She was such a wunnerful character!

Seriously, though. I don't really see the point of killing her. And I don't see the fun.

G

Gollak_Khal

Well you get money and you get to take revenge on a person who called you farm boy and acted so arrogant. Its quite fun well at least to me.

H

Hexadecimal

Walker;93292 said:
You are some homicidal little people! How could you kill poor little Whisper? She was such a wunnerful character!

Seriously, though. I don't really see the point of killing her. And I don't see the fun.

the point is to do what you set out to do and defeat all your opponents in the arena... it has nothing to do with homicide, it's simple combat...
she claims we had a deal, but we never did... I never said a word to her...
and of course there is the added monetary and alignment bonus if you follow through, as well as not hearing her call you a farm boy ever again... I really didn't like her, and getting rid of things I dislike is usually fun...

R

Rhadiel

I always killed her...even if i am a good character....my characters name is Gladiator...i spare no1....so...off w/ her crappy lil head......:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Actually, if you just out away your weapon and punch her, then walk out you get both good points AND money...

H

Hexadecimal

droded;93308 said:
Actually, if you just out away your weapon and punch her, then walk out you get both good points AND money...

good points? you know... I think I'll pass on that one... :sick::lol:

someone who truly wished to be good wouldn't go around hurting people for money anyhow, whether with a sword or their fist... I guess that trick works though for people who just want to look like good guys without actually being good

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Eh. [shrug] I actually liked Whisper-- never annoyed me.

And no, killing the Bandits and Whisper and possibly the Hobbes DOES qualify as homicide in my book, at least in the Arena.

And yeah, my problem is that I'm even more honest/moralistic in videogames than I am in reality. For instance in KOTOR on Taris, when you rob this one apartment the family that lives there begs you not to-- that makes me feel like crap, and it's just stealing-- and it's a frigging VIDEOGAME. I can't stand killing Whisper for the money, either. On the other hand though, in GTA I take an obscene delight in killing everything in sight. I'm not consistent. So sue me.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;93539 said:
For instance in KOTOR on Taris, when you rob this one apartment the family that lives there begs you not to-- that makes me feel like crap, and it's just stealing-- and it's a frigging VIDEOGAME.

Kotor had a real knack for making you actually think about your decisions like that though, im evil in every moral choice game there is and even i found it hard to make some of the evil choices in KotOR II.

Status
Not open for further replies.