• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jack of Blades title

Wofty

Jack of Blades
Reaction score
Jack of Blades title

Well, this is not one of those "Giv mi jack of bladez taital pl0x" topics, but I have a question concerning it. I bought the title via FableShop and I am using it, the problem is that nobody says "Wooo, Jack of Blades! You are so handsome" and etc, like it happens with the title "Avatar" I usually use (Good) or Deathbringer/Maleficus (Evil). So, is there a way to fix this?
P.S:
Something came up my mind, if the player decides to put Jack's mask on his face, instead of throwing it in the lava, does he get the title Jack of Blades, and do the citizens call him JoB?

P.S 2: Someone said "Jack of Blades" when I was at the Bowerstone Inn, but I am not sure if that's exactly what I heard... "Jack of Blades returned to us" or it was something that meant "I hope Jack of Blades doesn't return"

Wofty

Jack of Blades
Reaction score
Re: Jack of Blades title

BUMP and, I figured out that when you are Evil, they just scream instead of saying your name but if you are Good, they applaud and yell your name. But why? I love hearing "Jack of Blades" and not "Aaaaaaa help! Don't hurt me" and etc.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Wofty;405332 said:
BUMP and, I figured out that when you are Evil, they just scream instead of saying your name but if you are Good, they applaud and yell your name. But why? I love hearing "Jack of Blades" and not "Aaaaaaa help! Don't hurt me" and etc.

Not sure. Do they even say any name if you're evil? Regardless of it being JOB or not?

Wofty

Jack of Blades
Reaction score

Yes, they said Jack of Blades while I am evil, but only in Oakvale. Every woman there fell in love with me but in Bowerstone they run away and don't say my name. In Oakvale I quote "Jack of Blades...slayer of souls!" "Jack has returned..." "Welcome your Majesty" the majesty thingy is strange, but yes. While in Bowerstone (I started up a new game) they all scream and run away. In Oakvale even men fall in love with me.

Wofty

Jack of Blades
Reaction score

Actually I just hit a few people with fists in there, but didn't kill anyone. Except around 20 guards outside of Bowerstone, Lookout Point.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

lol Nice Find, When I Got Jack's Mask I Didn't Even Bother Trying To See If They Called Me That.

Wofty

Jack of Blades
Reaction score

Thanks Stranger, I'll try the gift things. And by the way, read this. Warning, it's a spoiler.
At the end of The Lost Chapters, you must choose whether to destroy the mask or wear it. If one chooses to wear it, they would become Jack of Blades himself, causing him to live on and continue the cycle.
That's from Fable Wikipedia, and it leads me to the conclusion that you actually DO get the Title "Jack of Blades" considering it IS in the game and the people DO say the name.

Wofty

Jack of Blades
Reaction score

Yet, Jack of Blades is not seen in Bowerstone as a walking around NPC that goes in the local Inn, is he? Unlike Thunder and Briar Rose which are. Another thing is, that when you get the mask, you should get a cool name with it.

P.S: Also, Jack's Mask's alternative name is the Soul Mask and it's Fable TLC story is that it's wearer gets possessed by Jack so it's logical that you get the title, I am unsure however. When I finish the game, I'll tell you.

Wofty

Jack of Blades
Reaction score

So you mean that if my title was "Thunder" they'd still say "Thunder...slayer of souls..." as they do with the Jack title? "Avatar...slayer of souls..." depending on alignment?