• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

HOTKEYING Items/Expressions/Etc to D-Pad

Greywolf of FTZ

Reaction score
Seems like the basic items shown on the hot keys shift around a lot, EXCEPT the ones on the second layer.

This was driving me mad, I had to hunt all around to find an explanation for that too. It turns out that FOUR of the items we setup that way are on a second layer brought up by holding the right trigger.

But what goes on with the ones that show normally I have few clues...
The bottom position will show an icon based on what is happening in the game at the time. If you are at a fishing spot, the fish hook will display somewhere around it - but usually at the bottom of it.

Most of the time it will show the Guild Seal.

Often it seems that random expressions show up there...

I've had a real bad time with green apples and red meat that were on the left of the ready display suddenly being replaced with all kinds of items, and in the worst case high value ones like golden carrots and such. Life potions like to appear there for no reason I can fathom since at the time I had over fifty red meats, and nearly eighty apples in inventory.

The smart money at this point is to work with the hot key D-Pad that shows when the right trigger is held, the logic or reason for items that appear on the basic wheel is beyond me.

The items or expressions set up in the menus do seem to stay put on the second wheel (the one displayed when the trigger is held).

I hope I put that in a way that is halfway clear at least.