• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fari Fabula: A Neverending Tale

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score
Fari Fabula: A Neverending Tale

I'm not sure how people will take to this but I felt it was worth a try. I love the fan fiction community here and I don't think we converse as much as we should. This coming from me who hasn't posted a story in ages. But hey, we post our fictions and we don't discuss anything really, so for me this is probably a way of communicating in our own way and feeding off our own strengths to create an ongoing fiction as a community. I dunno how it will work but I would like to see us all try and see where we can take it.

Consider it to be a community story where we each have the ability work off our own strengths. I have seen how brilliant people around tis forum can be, and I have wanted to try a story with certain folks but one on one is difficult, it requires commitment- with this everyone can contribute at their own pace and the story will progress- we all get something new to work off with every new post. Even if you don't normally contribute posts to the fiction forum, go ahead and give it a shot with this, everyone is welcome.

What the score with this is-
  • You get a beginning.
  • All you need to do is read the previous post, then progress the story from that in whatever way you feel fit.
  • Introduce a new character if you need to.
  • Advance whats already there.
  • The world of Albion is your oyster.

The word "fable" comes from the Latin "fabula" (a "story"), itself derived from "fari" ("to speak") with the -ula suffix that signifies "little": hence, a "little story".

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fari Fabula: A Neverending Tale

The bright dawn of the morning had set in unlike no other he had ever seen. The sun seemingly scorched the sky as it eclipsed the vibrant blue in a wash of white. The Hero sat there, staring out into the distance. His face wrecked with worry, it seemed to dispel any kind of consolation he took from what was to come forth from his family's destiny, from their proud legacy.

The Hero's face crumpled in discomfort. All too well he knew the over proud smile on his brothers face as he paced from the long grass into view. Once upon a time he too had worn such a grin, that self assured smile. That cocky overconfidence. He lowered his head, not in dismay, but in proudness, in respect. If he had wanted one to take up his mantle, it would be the one who was kin to himself.