• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does Anyone Prefer TLC Over Anniversary?

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
I gotta say,

I have Anniversary through steam and somewhere I have a cd copy of TLC.

Tbh the only reason anniversary mattered to me was the dlc content.

Maze, JOB, Guildmaster and the dark apprentice robe is all I cared about obtaining and since there was never a mod manager that simplified things like with a bethesda game, the most complicated mods I could have for Fable tlc was changing my weapons damage and changing the skin and eyes of my hero to that of Jack's.

Despite this though the graphics seem almost.. off.

Like tlc had awesome graphics for 2005, and I always loved how bright and colorful it was.

Anniversary seems like its not even the same game engine used and Updated stuff that was fine the way it was or could of at least been tweaked to be updated to (2014?) the time it was released.

I also hate the new way of getting items out. TLC had a very simple way of accessing the menu and they had to make it seem like a story book with anniversary and it went too far.

I wish it had an option between storybook and normal menu.

I also hated fable 3's sanctuary menu as well and think fable 2 had it best.

Anniversary has the difficulty setting which was a nice touch but I would have loved to see them add some quests or something instead of being lazy adding NPC outfits that should have been part of the vanilla game in the first place.

Kind of like how the dragonstomper .48 should have been in fable 2 along with clothing styles like Reavers, Luciens and Garth's.

If fable tlc had a mod manager like nexus mods does I would be blown away im sure at what graphical update mods and enbs could do to the likes of anniversary.

but hey! that is just me!
Anyone else feel the same way?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I can see what you are getting at but performance did seem to be better in Anniversary at least with less frame drops and performance issues.

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
I can see what you are getting at but performance did seem to be better in Anniversary at least with less frame drops and performance issues.
Good point. Forgot about that.

One thing nice about nexus modders is they usually release performance patch mods and enbs which make the fps much better

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
I perfered Anniversary tbh although I did love the cartoon style to Chapters but by todays standards it does look very dated. If you hook your pc up you can get a high performance with Anniversary. I DO hate the amount of bugs in it though!!!. Oh and yes I really wanted them to add some new content to it, but only the quests, spells ect that was cut from the orginal game.

Last edited:

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
I perfered Anniversary tbh although I did love the cartoon style to Chapters but by todays standards it does look very dated. It you hook your pc up you can get a high performance with Anniversary. I DO hate the amount of bugs in it though!!!. Oh and yes I really wanted them to add some new content to it, but only the quests, spells ect that was cut from the orginal game.
I hate how they ruined the spell wheel i anniversary

Reactions: lee

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
Yeah it certainly wasn’t perfect I do admit but I did think that it brought Fable to a more modern audience. It still retained the sprit of what made the original so fantastic. It was nice though to see it come to a new audience that never had the opportunity to play it on the original Xbox or PC. I was disappointed that it was bugged to hell, little extra content and you are right it did need a bit more work to be classed as a good effort unfortunately. But nevertheless it is what I would play over TLC.

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
Yeah it certainly wasn’t perfect I do admit but I did think that it brought Fable to a more modern audience. It still retained the sprit of what made the original so fantastic. It was nice though to see it come to a new audience that never had the opportunity to play it on the original Xbox or PC. I was disappointed that it was bugged to hell, little extra content and you are right it did need a bit more work to be classed as a good effort unfortunately. But nevertheless it is what I would play over TLC.
what if tlc had a modding community like it used to?

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
Unfortunately I came in to late but the modding community was massive once and reading though some of the old threads on here there was such a massive buzz. I do though appreciate what Dark Draken and others do to still keep this site going. The modding on Anniversary was very poor and yes if the community on TLC was even half as supported now as it once was. It would certainly be no contest and TLC would definitely be my preferred choice. I really hope that news of a possible Fable 4 might bring some of the others back,

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
Unfortunately I came in to late but the modding community was massive once and reading though some of the old threads on here there was such a massive buzz. I do though appreciate what Dark Draken and others do to still keep this site going. The modding on Anniversary was very poor and yes if the community on TLC was even half as supported now as it once was. It would certainly be no contest and TLC would definitely be my preferred choice. I really hope that news of a possible Fable 4 might bring some of the others back,
Yeah I was a forum lurker in 2008 and made my profile here in 2010 along with fable 2. I remember this site in it's glory.

Like the hero of brightwall looking at the hero of oakvale. The site has seen better days for sure.