• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone else's game freezing?

Kamo1ak

Reaction score
I've been playing through the game and I've had it freeze about 4 times now and I just got done with twinblade... Not sure if it's just my Xbox or the game itself.. (I have the downloaded version xbl)

EDIT: Did a little searching and found a thread on lionhead forums about this issue..

"Thanks for all the posts - we're looking into this one as we speak.

FYI, I've set up a Bug Reporting Template thread - please do post in there with answers to the questions given as that'll greatly help us when it comes to investigating the cause of the issue.

Also, if you've not tried it yet, please follow these steps to see if it eases the freezes (that rhymed unintentionally):

1) Clear your System Cache (see HERE for a guide on how to do this)
2) Make sure you have the Title Update installed (a small 4MB patch that will download the first time you play)
3) When you first launch the game, leave it on the start screen for roughly 5 minutes to allow your system to cache
4) Go back in game and see if the issue still presents itself

Thanks for your patience guys!

Cheers,
Hohbes"

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I have heard about the freezing issues and should be patched soon according to Lionhead.

Greywolf of FTZ

Reaction score
I've got news - I'm on my second play through on it, and yes - it freezes.
A LOT.

I think it happens more when a new game is begun. It ran for about an hour, then froze.
Next try - it ran for more like three hours.
Thrid try it runs longer, and so on.

I got it new and unopened this December 2015 and made sure it updated right from the beginning. The only thing I can say is to let shut down the XBOX (360) and let it sit for a minute or ten, then fire it back up.

Other than that save a lot.

*Shutting it down and giving it some time allows the RAM to completely clear.

TawniAline

Reaction score
All the time.. very frustrating considering i'm new to the game.. so far I like the concept but the load times and freezing are really putting me off... i'm hoping to hear better things about the 2nd and 3rd game to give me enough confidence in the series to buy them.... until then, just trying to get through this one to have the background....

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Amazed those issues are still present after all this time, hadn't really heard anything about them so I assumed they had been rectified.