• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

About Items

C

cdr

About Items

Ok, so im trying to create a customised The Bereaver sword but I dont have the original item to modify. So what can I do to get one in my inventory without making the stores one like mine? I want it to be unique (I tried some of the things in the tlcmod forum but its so confusing and its giving me a headache) could someone please explain it to me in a very easy way because modding in fable is much more complicated than just dragging a file in a folder it seems.
thanks.

N

NeutronHInc

Re: About Items

Well, your best bet is to follow this guide...
http://forums.projectego.net/your-own-legendary-weapon-2248/
That helped me turn the "Slayer" sword into a custom weapon. You WILL need Fable Explorer to make the modifications.

If you can't figure it out, let me know how you want the Bereaver customized, and I'll do a guide with step by step instructions for what you want. Please be aware that there may be some things that cannot be done.

C

cdr

NeutronHInc;65796 said:
Well, your best bet is to follow this guide...
http://forums.projectego.net/your-own-legendary-weapon-2248/
That helped me turn the "Slayer" sword into a custom weapon. You WILL need Fable Explorer to make the modifications.

If you can't figure it out, let me know how you want the Berever customized, and I'll do a guide with step by step instructions for what you want. Please be aware that there may be some things that cannot be done.

I looked at that before and nowhere in that thread is it mentioned how to change the appearance of a selected weapon, unless I read too fast. (from what I saw it talks about damage,augmentation,changing the name and making a heavy weapon 1 handed)

Ok, thank you, I basicly just need a bereaver with 4 slots, that I can change the name and boost the damage to 400.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

You need a graphics editing program to change the looks :noexpression: as for the other stuff, everything is in my guide. Use the search function.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

cdr;65797 said:
I looked at that before and nowhere in that thread is it mentioned how to change the appearance of a selected weapon, unless I read too fast. (from what I saw it talks about damage,augmentation,changing the name and making a heavy weapon 1 handed)

Ok, thank you, I basicly just need a bereaver with 4 slots, that I can change the name and boost the damage to 400.

You need 3D max Studio, and if the things you read confused you on the mod forum, than 3D max will probably hurt your brain too.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Haha! 3D Studio Max hurt my brain too when I first used it some three or four years ago! Still does, actually... ^_^

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

projectego;65838 said:
Haha! 3D Studio Max hurt my brain too when I first used it some three or four years ago! Still does, actually... ^_^
I had a copy. A Trial Version. I was going to take a screen shot of But apparently my trial is over. :'(

C

cdr

So there is no way simple way to just put the bereaver in my inventory or change the look of a cheap sword into it? Otherwise that makes the "your own legendary weapon" tutorial absolutely useless if i dont have a legendary weapon to mod with in the first place from what im understanding.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

cdr;65871 said:
So there is no way simple way to just put the bereaver in my inventory or change the look of a cheap sword into it? Otherwise that makes the "your own legendary weapon" tutorial absolutely useless if i dont have a legendary weapon to mod with in the first place from what im understanding.

..No it's not useless. You can rename any weapon, change the damage ammount, what augments it has. I don't see that as useless. You just can't change the shape of the weapon.

And you can put the bereaver in your inventory. You just put it in a chest. I don't quite know what you're asking. :unsure:

C

cdr

Sephiroxas;65872 said:
..No it's not useless. You can rename any weapon, change the damage ammount, what augments it has. I don't see that as useless. You just can't change the shape of the weapon.

And you can put the bereaver in your inventory. You just put it in a chest. I don't quite know what you're asking. :unsure:

I didn't mean useless as in for everyone but for what i was asking.

Could you tell me how that is done in an easy to understand way? (to put an item in a chest or something else)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
P

Pilgrim

cdr;65871 said:
Probably the simplest way to get any item is FableShop, see this thread. And what exactly do you mean by: "change the look of a cheap sword into it"? Do you want to mod a cheap sword into the bereaver, so you can buy it early on, or swap the bereaver's mesh for that of another sword, just so it looks different? Both are possible.

N

NeutronHInc

I know what s/he means. Let me know if I got it right CDR...

I'm thinking he wants a normal sword, for example the Iron Longsword to look like the Bereaver. This can be done by simply changing the mesh, I'll do a guide for you on how to take the Iron Longsword and make it LOOK like the Bereaver.

I'll start making that guide right now, since I'm doing that anyway for one of my swords...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I don't understand why you would want to Make an Iron longsword LOOk like a bereaver.

N

NeutronHInc

Sephiroxas;65910 said:
I don't understand why you would want to Make an Iron longsword LOOk like a bereaver.
I don't either, but from what I understand, thats what he is trying to do.

I did however take the Slayer sword and made it look like the Bereaver. The Bereaver's texture/mesh was shiny, and the Slayer's was kind dull. I like my shiny things! The Bereaver just goes SOO well with Archon's armor! :D

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

WTF? So your saying that me posting that huge guide which took ages to write so even simpletons can understand it, and take all those screenshots which I then had to wait 5 minutes each to upload onto photobucket due to my slow connection, and then post it here was pointless? Do you not want any help!?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

droded;65928 said:
WTF? So your saying that me posting that huge guide which took ages to write so even simpletons can understand it, and take all those screenshots which I then had to wait 5 minutes each to upload onto photobucket due to my slow connection, and then post it here was pointless? Do you not want any help!?

Calm down droded. :unsure:

cdr;65881 said:
I didn't mean useless as in for everyone but for what i was asking.

Could you tell me how that is done in an easy to understand way? (to put an item in a chest or something else)

:unsure: :unsure:

C

cdr

NeutronHInc;65898 said:
I know what s/he means. Let me know if I got it right CDR...

I'm thinking he wants a normal sword, for example the Iron Longsword to look like the Bereaver. This can be done by simply changing the mesh, I'll do a guide for you on how to take the Iron Longsword and make it LOOK like the Bereaver.

I'll start making that guide right now, since I'm doing that anyway for one of my swords...

That is exactly what I wanted to do at first.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Well, first you go to the bereaver in the OBJECT list. Scroll down the submenu until you reach the bit which says MESH. Copy the number and go to iron longsword. open the submenu and down to mesh. Paste the number here instead of the old one. You can change the attack and such by looking at my guide. Be warned though, this will make every iron longsword in the game look like the bereaver, with an attack power to what you set it to.